pm30 lv on/off switch questions

Thread: pm30 lv on/off switch questions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default pm30 lv on/off switch questions

Is this normal? The machine will only come on if I have the forward/reverse switch in either the forward or reverse mode, not in the "0" mode. If I move the switch to the "0" mode the machine shuts off.

Also, in either mode the spindle spins at about 40 rpm at it's lowest setting. There is no way to NOT have the spindle spinning when the machine is on.
    thanks,
    H.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the switch needs to be in FWD or REV to start the drive and to run the machine. Sounds like the low end calibration is set a little high so the drive is providing some power to the motor even if the pot is bottomed out. The drive likely has adjustments to set that. I don't usually count on the thing not spinning with the drive energized. If the spindle is not supposed to be moving right now then I want it 'off' not just turned down. It doesn't have the pot+switch like the X2 does where it's physically 'off' at the bottom of the speed adjustment.

CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.