Hoss's G0704 - Page 340

Page 340 of 344 FirstFirst ... 240290330337338339340341342343 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 6871

Thread: Hoss's G0704

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hoss's G0704

Have you removed the retainers from both top and bottom? If you are replacing the bearings there isn't any need to be protective of the bearings.
    Hoss

Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- [URL]http://www.g0704.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    Have you removed the retainers from both top and bottom? If you are replacing the bearings there isn't any need to be protective of the bearings.
    Hoss
    Are you talking about the two internal "nuts" which needed a pin wrench to be removed, top one being locked with two screws and drawings for a spanner to loosen it in your DVD? If so, then of course. :-) If not, no idea which retainers you are talking about.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
    Are you talking about the two internal "nuts" which needed a pin wrench to be removed, top one being locked with two screws and drawings for a spanner to loosen it in your DVD? If so, then of course. :-) If not, no idea which retainers you are talking about.

Yes that one at the top and the big one at the bottom.
    Hoss

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hoss's G0704-100_1249edit-jpg  
    Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- [URL]http://www.g0704.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, they are both removed and I can see straight onto the bearings. I can't see anything that should prevent the bearings from coming out, but they are still stuck. The spindle is still rotating without any noticeable binding. I guess my bearings are more of a press-fit than slip-fit...

Downloads
    Uploads

Most likely, mine came out pretty easily but have seen where others have had to press them out, particularly the upper bearing.
    Hoss

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
    Anyone had trouble getting the spindle bearings off? I have a Weiss WMD25LV and no matter what I try, I can't manage to separate the spindle from the spindle carrier. I've put the retainer cap back on and even if I hit it with a sledgehammer, it won't budge. It's limited how much force I'm able to hit it with since I'm also protecting it with a piece of wood and I'm holding the wood at the same time as I try to hit it... In addition, my spindle and bearing carrier has a hole, like for a wedge, so is there any chance that the spindle could be two parts screwed together?
    Attachment 363052
    I had a PM25 and yes, that bottom bearing set was a bear to remove for me. I damaged the bearing getting it out and had to replace it with new. Worked out well though as my spindle ran cooler with the new bearing. Had to do the whole freeze the shaft/heat the bearing to get it back on too. Mucho fun-o. I stuck with tapered rollers on the lower spindle and they have been great.

CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

Downloads
    Uploads

I put the spindle back together with the old bearings and I'll just have to see how they behave with higher speeds. If they overheat, I'll just have to see if I can find a workshop with a press.

I couldn't find any speed rating on my bearings. They're LYC 32005.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah do that. I think if I had just eased the pre-load a bit and just run good grease, I could have run the stock bearings for a LONG time. I took some care when setting up the new bearings to keep the pre-load as light as possible while still being solid and I had no heating issues after break in. Even running 5300 RPM for hours will not result in much more than a slightly warm head. Before 3000RPM would make it sizzle and the spindle was too hot to hold onto for very long.

CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A couple hundred message in, I know Hoss show's how to change the ball nut using cardboard tube.

Here's another option if you have a 3D Printer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can someone point me toward how to speed up the Z axis? I finally got back around to rewiring it to bipolar parallel and adjusted the top motor mount so it doesn't stick during movement. It is a bit slow for my tastes though and certain the one in the videos goes faster.

It is the nema 34 906oz with the appropriate driver.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by atalon View Post
    Can someone point me toward how to speed up the Z axis? I finally got back around to rewiring it to bipolar parallel and adjusted the top motor mount so it doesn't stick during movement. It is a bit slow for my tastes though and certain the one in the videos goes faster.

It is the nema 34 906oz with the appropriate driver.
    Are you using Mach3? If so look under motor tuning.

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Are you using Mach3? If so look under motor tuning.
    Ah thanks, I must have turned it down while having trouble with it. Been a year or more since I messed with it last. Then I just need need to setup the backlash compensation and I should have a good start.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

still getting stopping and buzzing when going up on the Z axis even at 40 ipm. What are you guys using for steps, ipm, and accel?

Well I should say I am still in phase 1 with the stock screws.

Also I just remembered I should be able to run the "set steps per unit" a few times to get that set better.

Downloads
    Uploads

Turn your accel down by half and work your way up.

A lazy man does it twice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by atalon View Post
    still getting stopping and buzzing when going up on the Z axis even at 40 ipm. What are you guys using for steps, ipm, and accel?

Well I should say I am still in phase 1 with the stock screws.

Also I just remembered I should be able to run the "set steps per unit" a few times to get that set better.
    With stock screws you aren't going to get very fast rapids 50ipm was all I got with a 2:1 belt drive. Gotta love those low friction ballscrews. ;-)
    Set accel quite low to give it more ramp up time to speed, make sure you're giving the dovetails plenty of oil.
    Hoss

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    With stock screws you aren't going to get very fast rapids 50ipm was all I got with a 2:1 belt drive. Gotta love those low friction ballscrews. ;-)
    Set accel quite low to give it more ramp up time to speed, make sure you're giving the dovetails plenty of oil.
    Hoss
    AH, thanks for the reply. I just need to get it running good enough to get the Z axis screw upgraded then. Already have the ball screws and bearings.

Downloads
    Uploads

Getting some use out of the old g0704 motor, using it to make a small wind turbine to charge a 12v battery when I move out to the Alaskan bush lol. Blades are cut from a 4" pvc pipe.
    Hoss

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hoss's G0704-0613171415-jpg   Hoss's G0704-0613171505-jpg   Hoss's G0704-0613171537a-jpg   Hoss's G0704-0613171604-jpg  

Hoss's G0704-0613171613-jpg   Hoss's G0704-0613171627-jpg   Hoss's G0704-0613171641a-jpg   Hoss's G0704-0613171647a-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I am converting my Z axis to linear guide rails. I am leaving the X and Y axis as dovetail.
    However my question is about the stepper motor and driver.

From the begining I have been using a KL23H2100-50-4B and I was using the KL 6050 driver with a 57vdc power supply I made.
    My best rapids before the Y extension and treadmill motor upgrage was 200 IPM

When I did the Y extension, and the ATC/Powerdraw bar it went down to 100 IPM

Since I was doing the linear rail upgrade for the Z axis I also upgraded the driver to the 8060D, and a 80vdc switching powersupply I purchased.

Yet I am still only getting 120 IPM rapid for the Z axis.

Why so slow? you were getting 260 to 290 with the 48vdc power supply and the 6050 driver.

Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

Could be your pc, I tried upgrading mine once and the rapids went to crap, put the old pc back on and the rapids went back to fast. You might think about using a smoothstepper if you aren't now.
    Hoss

Downloads
    Uploads

My pc is an older one, I am running Vista. If I lay the Z axis flat, I can rapid about 200 IPM, but standing up I am at 120 IPM. Any faster than 150 IPM I have hardly any torque, when raising the head I can reach out and put my hand on top of the head and stop it with light to moderate force. At 120 IPM even with heavy force I can not stop the head from raising. I was thinking of using some balance weights to offset the head weight, but then I loose that weight for cutting into material.

I was hoping with the increase in volts and current I would get better performance in Z but none is noticeable. I was thinking about getting a NEMA 34 970 oz stepper but with bigger shafts I will have to remake not only the mount but new couplings and bearings.

Thanks
    David

Page 340 of 344 FirstFirst ... 240290330337338339340341342343 ... LastLast