What is your opinion of MaxNC mills? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion of MaxNC mills?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Default follow up.........

I've got VISA working on a (chargeback) investigation.
    I'm about two weeks into it and it takes months.

As a business owner I always try and try to fix my or my employees mistakes.

The telephone jockeys of MaxNC refused my repeated requested to fix the matter or to even TALK to anyone of authority saying that they would not be able to do anything.

Sorry to sound like a whiner but if I can save a fellow CNCzoner some trouble I'm there........

Regards,
    Dasigntist

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Malcolm Muggeridge

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like a rip off scam to me

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi fellas!
    My first cnc milling machine was a Maxnc 10Cl four years ago.Now i own 5 of them and with some modifications they work super!I mainly work on aluminium (70/75)First i had to work on low feed's and not too deep.Now i work in high feed's and deep enough(2-2.5mm)at 4500-6000 rpm and F100-150!They work like on butter! Working for three years now with no damages.Now i'm planing to update 'em into cncoffeemakers!lol! Naaa! I'm just kidding!For their low cost are good machines!Really!:-)
    Rich

There is no word "[B]IMPOSSIBLE[/B]" in my dictionary.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a maxnc 10 cl I use it to cut carbon and delrin. I've been happy with it. You have to keep the gibbs adjusted for it to hold tolerance but it's not a big deal.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

If your going to be doing jobs for other people, I think you will want to consider a bigger machine, one that can handle more like a rong fu converted cnc or something similar with at least a 1hp motor and larger bed space and travel. Right now I wish I had a bigger mill for the parts that I wish I coudl be doing.

Jon

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a used MAXnc 15 CL that does not work at the moment. Trying to find someone who has experience with them to help fix it. got MAXIII SW on windows machine to control it. 4th axis also. The X axis motor does not jog and the Y axis needs a new backlash nut. Z axis and 4th axis are all right. (i.e. they jog) Any ideas about how to find out what is wrong with the X axis? Test Diagonstics etc. Does anyone want to take on fixing it for some $$$'s.....

Downloads
    Uploads

This thread is 6 years old - you might have better luck by starting your own thread. If there is a MaxNC section that would be a good place to start.

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I speak from a former owner's perspective. A MaxNC is the best mill to unload on someone you don't know or like.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking MAXnc - Taig

I get that there are some really bad posts for the MAXnc on here.
    Two questions:
    1. What about if I got a new Taig - MicroMill DSLS 3000
    2. Should I try to sell the MAX for parts?

PS Ill start a new thread when I figure out how to...Thanks for response!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You might be able to sell it by the pound.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

With the CL system there is one PIC chip and 4 output transistors per axis. You can get the transistors from any electronics supplier but the PIC chip would have to come preprogrammed from MaxNC.

Darek

Downloads
    Uploads

I just searched and they are still in business..

I know nothing about their service but you might try calling as things may have gotten better.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fixittt has or had a MaxNC. He is a pretty good guy, he might be able to point you in the right direction. I haven't seen him here for a while but I think he is still around. Try sending him a PM.

bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

damn, when did I get the rep for being a pretty good guy? now I gotta start all over!

The electronics on the maxnc are junk. Plain and simple. Their service sucks and their replacement costs are out the roof.

I have already answered the PM. In my opinion. if you want to learn with the maxnc, then its a descent thing to learn on. it forces you to be mindful of EVERYTHING. From gib adjustment to spindle runout. If you want to get the machine moving like it should. Then mach 3 and a g540 is the cheapest way to go. Hell, probably cheaper and I grantee it will be faster then having maxnc repair the original electronics.

I still have my original machine and I have done some amazing wax cuts with it. As that is what I do. Wax designs to be casted. Was a long and daunting road getting it to do them though.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

how about this question then Anyone know if the Gecko controler can interface the MAXnc provided 4th axis table?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default That shouldn't be a problem

The MaxNC rotary table is made by Sherline; MaxNC just supplies their own mounting plate and stepper motor. The G-540 has 4 drivers in it, so you can power all 4 axes. I'd suggest ditching the MaxNC software as well as their controller and buying Mach3. They have a MaxNC xml file that will set all the ports and pins correctly, although I had to fiddle with the velocity/acceleration settings to get a MaxNC 15CL moving correctly.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info that is good news - a couple of follow ons - the stepper for the 4th axis has an encoder hooked on the end, what do you do with that just ditch it? Also the plug and/or wiring needs to be changed somewhere there should be a wiring diagram no?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

un plug it and forget about it. Look for the PDF on the steppers. It will tell you how to wire them. or do like I did and go a little bigger steppers.

Here are a couple pics of the maxnc 10 I am working on for a friend. G540 , custom spindle the whole 9 yards.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is your opinion of MaxNC mills?-107_5997-jpg   What is your opinion of MaxNC mills?-107_6192-jpg   What is your opinion of MaxNC mills?-107_6193-jpg   What is your opinion of MaxNC mills?-107_6185-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again- first I could get a 230 OZ stepper that is already wired for the DB9 Gecko plug and that would be that. Otherwise I might take you up on the wiring advise. As for encoders let me understand - The CL system by MAX doesn't work too well so if you ditch it for a more precise and better controlled stepper/controller, it comes out OK. Right? As for what i'm seeing in the pics - It looks like a different motor on the spindle with a single belt and pulley. So is the motor speed controlled? Manually or Computer hooked?
    Dayton makes a 1/2HP brushed model that is spec'd the same as the Model139 1/5th HP that came with the MAX15. It has a speed control.. So maybe I could mount it directly on a bigger spindle like the ER-16. An upgrade that is available from a couple of vendors and bypass the belt altogether ?
    So to push this to that wall...
    In the box of MAX stuff I got,was the digitizer and a pump for flood coolant. The old MAX controller has plugs for those things G540 doesn't as far as I can tell. What happens with that?

Last edited by cyberXena; 03-20-2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: typos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast