Seeking suitable ballscrew coupler replacement

Thread: Seeking suitable ballscrew coupler replacement

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Seeking suitable ballscrew coupler replacement

I need to replace an existing ballscrew coupler to match the motors. I need help identifying the coupler source. Please have a look at the attached photo.

The coupler-ballscrew assembly is new. The coupler's overall length is 34.7mm and its diameter is 30mm. The coupler breaks down into two aluminum coupling hubs and a red plastic spider. The coupling hubs have 3/8" bore with two "teeth" each, and the spider has four "teeth" with RJS30 embossed one one.

I'd like to stick with the same make of coupler because one coupling hub is modified to also serve as a nut. The overall length of the assembled coupler is 34.7mm. Ideally, I would only need to replace one coupling hub with one from the same line with 8mm bore, per coupler.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll keep Googling.

Thank you

Seeking suitable ballscrew coupler replacement-unknown-coupler-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Seeking suitable ballscrew coupler replacement

You lost me with "one coupling hub is modified to also serve as a nut". Is that because one end of your ballscrew is threaded, and you're attaching to it this way? What happens when you change directions?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Seeking suitable ballscrew coupler replacement

Yes, both the ballscrew and one coupler hub is threaded. The coupler hub presses up against beveled washers and angular contact bearings, for support of the ballscrew. You have an interesting question, suggesting that the coupling nut will come lose from the motor's toque. Of course the clamping screw is present would be tightened. I'm afraid I cannot offer anymore insight into the design and I don't want to misspeak either. This is a new CNC retrofit design and I'll pass your feedback onto the designer. If it matters, the motors in use are only ~300 oz-in.

I found what might be the couplers on eBay (Shaft Coupler 4 5 6 6 35 8 10 12 14mm Couplings OD 20 25 30mm L 30 35 40mm | eBay). I also found suitable replacements from Misumi where all the technical data is available. Since the delivery time was actually faster with the eBay items I'm going to take a chance with them.

The couplers are all I'm willing to change at the moment, but seems like you're suggesting the method for securing, using a tapped coupler hub, should be changed. That's too bad. At first glance it seemed clever.

Thank you