How to repair linear motion bearing ballscrews (with internal circulation)

Thread: How to repair linear motion bearing ballscrews (with internal circulation)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to repair linear motion bearing ballscrews (with internal circulation)

Hi all,

I too screwed up my ball screw ( now that's a tongue twister haha ) by taking the nut off the screw. I know there are quite a few tutorials showing how to repair a ball screw with external circulation, but not many on how to repair ball screws with internal circulation. I found this helpful video on youtube, it basically helped me fix my ball screw with internal circulation.

Here is the link:

Just so you know, I read that if you have found around 90% of the balls that came with the ball screw, it should still work if you fix it. I fixed mine and I didn't have all the ball bearings.

Please show support by liking his video if you choose to.

I hope this helps you out.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to repair linear motion bearing ballscrews (with internal circulation)

One thing that I have been reading much into and seems to be missing from any 'how-to', is the ballscrew-nut preloading. While *I* don't know of the importance of preloading a nut, it seems to be a critical step.
    Additionally, for a "1-lock,1-floating" bearing ball-screw, the thrust-bearing must also be pre-loaded to the assembly...

Any of the videos I've watched, and methods I've read about (regarding preloading the nut), they all talk about restraining the axial load by either using shims or springs - yet *none* provide an example of HOW precisely to do this. If it's a matter of restraining the ballscrew while tightening(?) another nut(?) against it as if using two nuts in a jam-nut configuration?
    All of the preload definitions aren't clear enough to me, however, because any tension introduced into the nut-balls by forcing a load against the nut will just simply unwind again once it's exercised in the opposite direction.

(Some info: )
    Bearing Preload Facts and Information - NMB

Preloading of Bearings

Determining preload force