KL-8070D Software configured mode?

Thread: KL-8070D Software configured mode?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default KL-8070D Software configured mode?

What exactly does this mean/do?
    Motor auto-identification and parameter auto-configuration technology offers optimum responses with different motors and easy-to-use.

Do you still need to set the current setting dip switches or does it auto configure it? Manual doesn't really say what software configured mode is...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KL-8070D Software configured mode?

I think that's the marketing department talking. Pretty sure it says ''You hook the motor up, and the drive figures out what it as and sets the operating parameters'' Or you can use the DIP switches.

Downloads
    Uploads

So what are most people doing, using the dip switches or letting the "software" figure it out?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have both types of stepper drives on machines in my shop. My computer configured drives do not have dip switches, and you can't configure the DIP switch drives with a computer. Never used a drive that would do both.

On my computer configured drives, I just select the model number of the motor in the configuration software, and that sets the initial parameters. Realistically you still have to tune the system.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    I have both types of stepper drives on machines in my shop. My computer configured drives do not have dip switches, and you can't configure the DIP switch drives with a computer. Never used a drive that would do both.

On my computer configured drives, I just select the model number of the motor in the configuration software, and that sets the initial parameters. Realistically you still have to tune the system.
    What software do you use to talk to the drives?

Downloads
    Uploads

My computer configured drives are SureStep STP-DRV 80100 from Automation Direct. I use their SureStep Pro (free) software for configuration. For the SureStep you can also write your own software in any programming language that will handle serial communication.