My CNC router from Automation Technology has a Sunfar E300 series VFD Spindle Control. I run it using VCarve Pro.

When zero-ing my Z depth before a cut, I must have hit a wrong key by mistake, setting Z to the wrong start depth. When I started the cut it plunged deep to a depth of 1", which should have been 1/8". Before I could hit the E-stop, the spindle could not overcome the tremendous friction and stopped. After I freed the end mill from the 1" hole, the spindle wouldn't start up again. I thought I may have fried it or maybe blew a circuit breaker.

I rebooted the computer and the control box, but the spindle still wouldn't start. On the Sunfar E300 spindle control display, I saw what I assumed was a fault code, something starting with "F" plus some other letters or numbers.

The solution turned out to be to press the Escape button and then the Run button on the Sunfar. The spindle started running again once I ran the toolpath.

I hope it can help somebody else to know how to get your CNC back up and running.