Width of the Nema23 wires from automationtechnologies?

Thread: Width of the Nema23 wires from automationtechnologies?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Width of the Nema23 wires from automationtechnologies?

Hi guys!

Some time ago (sept 2015) I bought the Nema 23 + G540 kit from automationtechnologies and I am about to retake the project to finish it.

I am having some problems finding the correct wires for the Nema 23s (I am not from the US) so I contacted AT support and was told the wires were AWG 18 and that "1.02mm is just the wire itself. The whole wire including the plastic covering is 2mm". I measured the the wires from my motors and they are a little bit bigger than 1mm (see pic below). I figured that they are about 0.75 / 0.8 mm. Also, I bought a 1mm wire and it was much bigger than the ones in the motor.

So I have a couple of questions
    Are my motors wired wrongly or did the AT support made a mistake?
    If they are wired wrongly, will it cause any trouble due to the wires being to small to handle the current?
    I can get a 0.75 mm wire, will that work?

Thanks!