Another Keling 5056D, Keling C10 BOB and Mach3 problem

Thread: Another Keling 5056D, Keling C10 BOB and Mach3 problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another Keling 5056D, Keling C10 BOB and Mach3 problem

I purchased my electronics from Automation Technologies. It's a C10 BOB, 5056D drivers, two 570oz steppers and one 960oz stepper. Downloaded Mach3, just the trial version for now but will be buying the software after I have a better idea of what I'm doing.

So I think I have everything setup close to being right but I am unable to have the motors move at all. I'm apparently missing something because I cant get the motors to move. I have the COM jumper set to 5V on the C10 BOB. I measure -5V between the COM and ports 2,4 and 6 on the BOB which should be my Z, Y and X "PULL- ".

I also cant see any variations in voltage at the BOB when I try to JOG so I'm thinking one problem is the computer isn't communicating properly to the BOB....? I was able to trip the E-stop button on my control box and have it work correctly on Mach3. I read where another person had issues with the pin-out's between Mach3 and the C10 being different so I tried it his way as well and no still worky.

I measure 3.3v off my parallel port, I don't know if the 3.3V is going to be an issue of not. I have a multi-meter for testing but no o-scope. Any help would be great. The motors lockup when power is turned on. FWY I am a noob! TIA

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Potatohead908; 06-08-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Another Keling 5056D, Keling C10 BOB and Mach3 problem

Edited to first post for clarity

Last edited by Potatohead908; 06-08-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Edited to first post for clarity

Last edited by Potatohead908; 06-08-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is it possible for you to measure the voltage on the DIR pins (3, 5, 7?) directly at the DB25 input to the C10 when you jog the corresponding axes in one direction or the other?

Are you measuring the voltages at the outputs of the BOB when jogging? You will not see a change when measuring the step signals with a multimeter, only the DIR signals.

What do your definitions in the ports and pins page of Mach3 look like?