autocad - fit to paper :)

Thread: autocad - fit to paper :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default autocad - fit to paper :)

hello, i use autocad 2007 to draw stuff, and i can not print the images fitted into the paper without extra work

on a normal print, once i select "fit" from printer settings, as shown in image 2, portrait or landscape is computed automatically

to do the same from autocad, i must rotate the drawing orientation ( image 1 ), so there is no "auto mode"

wtf ? maybe this issue is solved on newer autocad versions

once "window" is selected from the plot interface, also "autofit" should be there

i am so upset with this, so i decided to post a thread

Similar Threads:
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: autocad - fit to paper :)

there is a "futuristic" option, to plot "upside down" ... sometimes this programers are making options for anything

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Learn to use Viewports in Paperspace
    hy ger i just did ...

i need each viewport to be able to rotate the view independently, not the drawing ; like having the same drawing, viewed rotated at different angles from each viewport

viewports content can be scaled indepently, but it can not be rotated; thus, the viewports act like a giant microscope, and i need to rotate the microscop

Very little has changed in AutoCAD's plotting in the last 15 years.
    at some point is just facelift

Downloads
    Uploads

even if i rotate the viewport, the drawing inside does not rotate ...

Downloads
    Uploads

aaa, you are so smart >:D< thank you very much :)

i work in autocad2007, and i also have kits for 2012 and 2014, but so far i did not feel the need to install them :)

i think i will upgrade ...

please, there is also another thing : if i use dimension for something ( image 1), after i enter inside the viewport and zoom a bit, and dimension gots lost ( image 2 )

i drag a point of the viewport ( img 3 ), and after the dimension goes where it should ( img 4 )

i think that the draging acts like a refresh :) does the dimensions updates automatically in 2013 ? kindly !

ps : i go installing a newer version :)

Downloads
    Uploads

well, the mvsetup is there so to rotate stuff before printing, but this still won't fix the "fit to paper" ... i will mess a bit with a newer cad version

ps : i just dropped my dial caliper while writing this ... pfff, hope i can fix it

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again / in attached image, drawing orientation/paper is landscape ( height < width ), while window selection has "height > width", thus selection should be not only "fit" to paper, but "rotated and fit" to paper

most printing interfaces have the option to "rotate and fit"( img 2 ), while in autocad is only "fit" ( img 1 )

so, if i make some drawings, some will look better on portrait, while others will look better on landscape; printing them should "fit and rotate" automatically, otherwise i should :
    ... select drawing orientation = portrait, and print all portraits
    ... after, select drawing orientation = landscape, and print all landscapes / its a waste of time

ps : sorry, maybe i did not explained it well

Downloads
    Uploads

AutoCAD does not do an automatic rotate and fit
    yup this is what i was afraid ...

ger, thank you 4 your time