Need Help! origins / UCS maybe, in autocad 2007

Thread: origins / UCS maybe, in autocad 2007

Downloads
    Uploads

Default origins / UCS maybe, in autocad 2007

Hello, i convert dwg to dxf, so to export data from the computer to the cnc machine

a colleague changed by mistake some default settings in autocad 2007, and i can no more export data ... i do not know what, but effect is that shapes are translated

i have attached a video : is about making a copy of something :
    ... i select it
    ... ctrl+c
    ... ctrl+v ( at this moment the shape is floating with the mouse at it's left down corner )
    ... click > and done

i repeat this into the other file, which has modified settings, and it can be seen that, after ctrl+v, mouse is no longe at " left down corner ", but at a distance that is "~3500mm" ...

i think this has something to do with ucs, origins ? it affects dxf format too, and so it messes up with data send to the machine please help

Similar Threads:
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: origins / UCS maybe, in autocad 2007

hello ger

Don't draw in Paperspace if you plan on using the drawing for CNC use. Always use Modelspace only
    It worked so far, so why would i change it now ? i do not say that "what you say" won't work, but if i wount be able to fix this, i will delete autocad and all dwg/dxf/etc files from that computer, and re-install

And try using Copy with Basepoint, and specify the location when you paste the cop
    I use ctrl+c/v when copying entities from one file to another ; ofcourse, i use basepoint inside the file ( inside the paperspace / modelspace )

the reason why i copy between files : i only copy the necessary entitites ( toolpaths that i wish to export ) to a file that is empty, so when i save it as a dxf, it contains nothing else this dxf file is read by a G code generator, and thus, i have my codes and i sent them to the machine ... of course, i could upload the file into the cnc, but it would be much slower

You see mr ger, i did not have time to learn a CAM, so i extract what i need from the CAD and convert it to a program for the machine, through a G-code generator

ps : such medals, like yours, do they come into different colors & shapes

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: origins / UCS maybe, in autocad 2007

I think the issue is that when you select the items, the basepoint is far away from the object
    hy, it is not about basepoint copy procedure is :

.. selection by mouse
    ... ctrl+c & ctrl+v
    ... click ...

if everithing is ok, than, after ctrl+v and before click, copied entities are floating on the screen, with the cursor in the " left down corner " if origins are messed up, than that's my case

is about copying entities between different files, not into the same file