Saving DXF that Xilog plus will understand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saving DXF that Xilog plus will understand

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Saving DXF that Xilog plus will understand

Hi guys,

I am in the process of "inheriting" a SCM tech machining center for wood. The previous owner is quite set in his ways and only knows one method for each thing he does with the machine.

In order to get the machine to do text, the process we use is to write the text in autocad, explode it, descomp (maybe not the right translation, sorry, my autocad is in Spanish), erase the extra lines created, and then create a contour using polyline. Save as R12 DXF, and then open it in xilog plus.

The problem is that I want to be able to export vector graphics from illustrator and get xilog plus to understand them. Attached is an example of a little pig I created by taking a photo, using live trace in illustrator and saving to DXF.

Autocad opens the pig just fine, but won't create a contour, because it says there is no valid area to make a contour, or any number of errors. I have tried creating regions, using a spline to pline lisp, and everything I can think of, with no success. Xilog plus says "Exception bla bla, file is empty".

I am at the end of my wits, any suggestions/help/alternative processes will make me extremely happy.

Additional notes/data:
    - I am using illustrator CS5, which does not have R12 DXF among its export options, I have either R13, R14, 2000, 2004/2005/2006. I have tried various options.
    - Autocad I'm using is 2007
    - Xilog plus, as far as I have experienced, only understands R12 DXF.

Thanks a lot guys!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service SCM BR

Test AutoCad 2000 and save as how AutoCad2000.dxf and close before open in the xilog.

Sorry my english, but i dont speak. Only Portuguese and Italian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

muito obrigado! I will try DXF2000 :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

hi can any one help me i need xilog plus ??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Saving DXF that Xilog plus will understand

Hi I have a copy of xilog plus you can have

Service SCM BR

Hi What the version you need?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I'm not sure we use a record 121 and have the installation cd rom, I can email it to you as a zip file its only 7.4mb.
    You can have the whole CD rom its about 440mb if you find a way of me sending you it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by marksaus View Post
    Hi guys,

I am in the process of "inheriting" a SCM tech machining center for wood. The previous owner is quite set in his ways and only knows one method for each thing he does with the machine.

In order to get the machine to do text, the process we use is to write the text in autocad, explode it, descomp (maybe not the right translation, sorry, my autocad is in Spanish), erase the extra lines created, and then create a contour using polyline. Save as R12 DXF, and then open it in xilog plus.

The problem is that I want to be able to export vector graphics from illustrator and get xilog plus to understand them. Attached is an example of a little pig I created by taking a photo, using live trace in illustrator and saving to DXF.

Autocad opens the pig just fine, but won't create a contour, because it says there is no valid area to make a contour, or any number of errors. I have tried creating regions, using a spline to pline lisp, and everything I can think of, with no success. Xilog plus says "Exception bla bla, file is empty".

I am at the end of my wits, any suggestions/help/alternative processes will make me extremely happy.

Additional notes/data:
    - I am using illustrator CS5, which does not have R12 DXF among its export options, I have either R13, R14, 2000, 2004/2005/2006. I have tried various options.
    - Autocad I'm using is 2007
    - Xilog plus, as far as I have experienced, only understands R12 DXF.

Thanks a lot guys!
    .hi there , i know that this post is old , but facing the same problem and wanna know if u found a way to make a logo in autocad save it as DXF that xilog plus understands ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Eraser. A long time has passed! I thankfully have found a solution and this is no longer a problem, so I'm happy to help. I'm not sure if you're familiar with LISP files. They are basically a script of code someone writes to group or simplify orders in autocad. There are two ways I know to do this:

1) Download and install this lisp: Splines to Plines | Cadalyst Once you have it, in autocad, you click on a line, execute the "spline to pline" command (s2p is the command shortcut) and tell it how many points you want the polyline to have. You need to strike a balance. Not so few points that the shape has sharp corners, not so many that the machine will go crazy passing over every single line. Then you should have a nice little polyline that xilog understands. Oh! Sometimes the logos won't even be splines to begin with. If they are block references, click on them and explode. Then they usually become a spline plus a deformed hatch. Erase the hatch, then do the whole s2p thing with the spline.

2) Turns out autocad (at least more recent versions) has its own inhouse method to do this, that is simpler and faster. "splinedit" when selecting a spline will directly give you the option to convert to polyline.

3) As if that weren't enough, you have "pedit", the difference with the former being that you can hit multiple, select various/all splines, and then it will tell you "do you want me to convert these splines to plines?". You say "yes please" and done!

I hope that helps. Please don't hesitate to e-mail me with any logo you are having problems with (marcoseno@gmail.com) and I'll help you out. We can even have a skype for me to explain if you need it. I have had so many problems with xilog that I am thrilled to be able to save someone all the hassle I went through to get it to work!

Marcos

Service SCM BR

Hello, I try to help him briefly. The Xilog Plus not only interprets the DXF R12. I myself always saved my Autocad DXF files in 2000. But worth remembering that the Xilog Plus plays only Line, Arc, Circle and polyline. You must know that the previous developer uses Layer to declare who the Panel and who is working. And to open the DXF in Xilog DXF should be closed in Autocad.

Via iPhone of the Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by marksaus View Post
    Hi Eraser. A long time has passed! I thankfully have found a solution and this is no longer a problem, so I'm happy to help. I'm not sure if you're familiar with LISP files. They are basically a script of code someone writes to group or simplify orders in autocad. There are two ways I know to do this:

1) Download and install this lisp: Splines to Plines | Cadalyst Once you have it, in autocad, you click on a line, execute the "spline to pline" command (s2p is the command shortcut) and tell it how many points you want the polyline to have. You need to strike a balance. Not so few points that the shape has sharp corners, not so many that the machine will go crazy passing over every single line. Then you should have a nice little polyline that xilog understands. Oh! Sometimes the logos won't even be splines to begin with. If they are block references, click on them and explode. Then they usually become a spline plus a deformed hatch. Erase the hatch, then do the whole s2p thing with the spline.

2) Turns out autocad (at least more recent versions) has its own inhouse method to do this, that is simpler and faster. "splinedit" when selecting a spline will directly give you the option to convert to polyline.

3) As if that weren't enough, you have "pedit", the difference with the former being that you can hit multiple, select various/all splines, and then it will tell you "do you want me to convert these splines to plines?". You say "yes please" and done!

I hope that helps. Please don't hesitate to e-mail me with any logo you are having problems with (marcoseno@gmail.com) and I'll help you out. We can even have a skype for me to explain if you need it. I have had so many problems with xilog that I am thrilled to be able to save someone all the hassle I went through to get it to work!

Marcos
    HI MARCOS THKS A LOT MAN , I WOULD DEFINITELY NEED YOUR HELP . I LL EMAIL U MY SKYPE , I REALLY NEED TO GET THIS TO WORK .THKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP BROTHER .

Service SCM BR

Hi for all,
    I work for SCM Group since 2006 say and prove that to open a DXF file in Xilog is only required Autocad.
    Just save only the drawings (line, arc, circle and polyline) remembering that it should be made close to zero UCS, as DXF Autocad2000 for example.
    Not requiring any external software.
    But remembering that DXF is 2D vector.
    Only when you need to do something in 3D is that it is necessary a CAD-CAM external software as TopSolid, Genius, AlphaCam or any other CAM that contains a post-processor for SCM machines.

I also take that ask you to comment and talk within the topic and not by e-mail for other users in the future will be the same problem and to document here in the other forum may be found here.
    I thank you for your attention.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Service SCM BR View Post
    Only when you need to do something in 3D is that it is necessary a CAD-CAM external software as TopSolid, Genius, AlphaCam or any other CAM that contains a post-processor for SCM machines.
    DO you know if there is a SCM post that will work for Autodesk Fusion360?

I have picked up a 1999 vintage SCM Record 120. I run a small woodshop and will be using the machine for panel work, but would also like to use it for 3d shapes.

Thanks

Service SCM BR

"Any other CAM that contains a post-processor for SCM machines. "

The post-processor is not developed by the machine manufacturer, but by the software developer.
    If Autodesk has already done so it will probably go on sale.
    Which I believe does not yet exist. So it means that at the moment you may not be able to govern your machine using Autodesk360.

As I said before the software I know that govern SCM machines are the ones I mentioned above.
    And no post-processor is free. That's where the Software company profits, on sale of Post-processor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

if someone need post for Xilog for HSM. Let me know. Im working as a post writer ove 7 years. Alphacam, Autodesk HSM, Solid cam.

Check my web and youtube.

Marek

www.cadcam-softcz.cz

Postprocessors, VBA macros, .NET programming.
    www.ccsoftcz.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Service SCM BR View Post
    As I said before the software I know that govern SCM machines are the ones I mentioned above.
    And no post-processor is free. That's where the Software company profits, on sale of Post-processor.
    Thanks for that, I really appreciate the advise. I will be looking for an aftermarket solution.

My next question is running down Errors. The Machine I have acquired has sat for a while and didn't have all the documentation. I know i will run into many errors as i recommission it. Right now I am getting PLC26 as my error. I gather this is an air pressure issue, but I was wondering if you had a link to a document containing a description of the error codes and their source possible? thanks in advance

~UA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav4 View Post
    Hello,

if someone need post for Xilog for HSM. Let me know. Im working as a post writer ove 7 years. Alphacam, Autodesk HSM, Solid cam.

Check my web and youtube.

Marek

www.cadcam-softcz.cz
    Do you have a working post for Autodest Fusion 360 and a SCM Record 120?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by UncleAugie View Post
    Do you have a working post for Autodest Fusion 360 and a SCM Record 120?

Thanks
    Hi,
    Yes, please write me on msskotak@gmail.com

Postprocessors, VBA macros, .NET programming.
    www.ccsoftcz.com

Service SCM BR

Quote Originally Posted by UncleAugie View Post
    Thanks for that, I really appreciate the advise. I will be looking for an aftermarket solution.

My next question is running down Errors. The Machine I have acquired has sat for a while and didn't have all the documentation. I know i will run into many errors as i recommission it. Right now I am getting PLC26 as my error. I gather this is an air pressure issue, but I was wondering if you had a link to a document containing a description of the error codes and their source possible? thanks in advance

~UA
    Contact The SCM Group in the Italy.
    0039 0541 700100 with the model and serial Number of the macchine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by REDAKTION-24 View Post
    Hi for all,
    I work for SCM Group since 2006 say and prove that to open a DXF file in Xilog is only required Autocad.
    Just save only the drawings (line, arc, circle and polyline) remembering that it should be made close to zero UCS, as DXF Autocad2000 for example.
    Not requiring any external software.
    But remembering that DXF is 2D vector.

I also take that ask you to comment and talk within the topic and not by e-mail for other users in the future will be the same problem and to document here in the other forum may be found here.
    I thank you for your attention.
    Hi
    I have the same kind of issue.
    I created a dxf file Autoca2000. I have polylines, all is ok.
    Each time I try to import it in Maestro I have an error message saying layer name has a syntax error.
    I tried different options, changing the name, imported just 1 and not 2 layers. Nothing works.
    I would appreciate help on this file.
    Thanks by advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast