Help with Toolpaths in Fusion 360

Thread: Help with Toolpaths in Fusion 360

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with Toolpaths in Fusion 360

Newbie here...

I'm starting to get the hang of designing stuff in Fusion 360. Granted they are all simple designs but hey, they're mine & their done.

Well, thought I'd try to output one to G-Code and just maybe cut it. Started with a simple Hold Down Knob but I can do nothing with it!

I try to Generate A Toolpath and I get an error message.....NO OPERATION NEEDS TO BE GENERATED

I try to Post Process and get the error message.....NO VALID TOOLPATH

Can anyone suggest a YouTube I can watch or a Paid Tutorial that I can follow? Is there a Tutor anywhere near Charlotte, NC that I could hire?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with Toolpaths in Fusion 360-post-process-jpg   Help with Toolpaths in Fusion 360-generate-toolpath-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Toolpaths in Fusion 360

Your setup is complete but you've not specified any tool profiles. How are you going to hold the part down to the table? You'll need to allow for that. What do you want to do with it now? Bore the center hole? Choose 2D, Bore, pick the appropriate tool/bit, and specify the parameters for the cut - geometry, passes, linking, etc., and when you close that dialogue box it should generate a toolpath. Then go to 2D or 3D pocket clearing to cut the recesses around the protrusion and finally choose 2D contour to cut the outer profile of the knob. Does that help?

David

David
    Romans 3:23
    CurlyWoodShop - www.etsy.com/shop/CurlyWoodShop
    David Falkner - www.youtube.com/user/difalkner
    difalkner - www.instagram.com/difalkner

Downloads
    Uploads

In some ways, the CAM part of the workflow is harder than the CAD design work. Its an art onto itself, and a whole new learning curve.
    there are tons of fusion tutorials online and youtube.
    Autodesk has many;
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...esk+fusion+cam

John Saunders at NYC CNC has alot of good ones too. he does a new one every Friday.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...friday+nyc+cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, well I'm trying to understand but it's late for me. I had a massive stroke and my brain goes to sleep when it's good and ready and it's ready.

As you can tell I've never done this before so it's kinda "Greek to me" but thanks to you I know have an idea of what to do.

I'll try it again tomorrow...and thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads

There is alot to lean with all this CNC stuff, and each one seems harder than the last...build or buy a machine, learn software to CAD parts, learn software to CAM parts, learn machining processes (feeds/speeds etc), learn machine control software...blah blah blah.
    Good luck man!!!
    Sorry 'bout your health issues.