Need Help! How to handle an assembly for CAM generation of each part

Thread: How to handle an assembly for CAM generation of each part

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to handle an assembly for CAM generation of each part

Hi all, new user here with a 3040Z-DQ which has been upgraded to add limit switches and having fun with Fusion 360 to generate parts from acrylic sheet for control panels. These I have had no issues with and now familiar with how Fusion generates the files for these.

The issue I now have is that I have imported a STEP model of an enclosure and added the cutouts and holes for the LCD and connectors etc. All parts fit in the machine for doing the cutouts but I can't come up with a good way to create them in Fusion 360.

See the attached image of the model. There is a front section with the LCD cutout. I machine this from the rear as it has a pocket for the LCD. I turn it over later to machine the countersinks on the front. Then there is a side section with cutouts.

If I switch to the CAM view, I need to switch off all the parts I am not interested in. This works but is tedious to have to do this each time I want to work on apart so I am wondering if there is an easier way to do this as Fusion doesn't store the state of each part and the enclosure is not saved in the library as separate parts so I can't simply open them. This works very different to how I did this with Geomagic Design where each part, after saving the imported STEP model, was saved as separate parts which I could load and modify and after I reload the assembly file, all the parts that where edited separately now show together.