Need Help! Problems with Fusion 360 toolpaths - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Problems with Fusion 360 toolpaths

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problems with Fusion 360 toolpaths

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    You either need to increase your acceleration, or allow UCCNC to use a larger error tolerance. If you don't want it to slow down, you need to allow UCCNC to "blend" the segments.
    Probably a dumb question, but do you know if it's possible to set one acceleration rate for roughing and another for smoothing? I'm fine if the machine shakes a little more during roughing, but it would be slick to be able to run a macro or something like that to swap in more conservative acceleration speeds when it comes time for a finish pass.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For some reason fusion doesn't want to open the file. It gives me error message: OK

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    He's your file back I got everything optimised as best as I can, Have a look through you will see what I did, there is a few little tricks in there what are brand new as off today, before the update the did not work too well.

The pocket toolpaths I knocked a few minutes of each one, the main way is by haveing the fine step down and the roughing step down the same. Any questions just ask.

Downloads
    Uploads

You should just need to open new design from file, You can loosen up the toolpaths with changing the tolerances and smoothing, in fusion then use the machine controller to do it, there was a post done by one of the cam part timers that had a good break down on set up tolerances and smoothing.

You can use feed optimization to control the cornering, this is something you have to experiment with to you find what the speed is that the controller could have problems with cv, It makes a night and day differences with mach3 when doing more than a 75 degree angle change.

but do you know if it's possible to set one acceleration rate for roughing and another for smoothing. Not in the same toolpath or In a non work around way No you can't as far as I know, the same question was asked on the forum the other day, they are thinking about it, (work around warning) the only way to do it now is a workaround by haveing a copy of the tool labeled as finish or rough with or without a different tool number in a different toolpath.

You could have it added to the post processor but that would cost $$$ unless someone on the forum did it.

they have 5 diffrent things you can do with toolpaths

use sketches
    use patches
    use defeatured body's
    use a cam simulated model as a stl or converted to a solid. this is new
    use a stock body.

Andrew I would try gers ideas as well, hes very close with any sugestion with fusion and the uccnc this below you can have the uccnc and fusion do it together or let the uccnc do it

You either need to increase your acceleration, or allow UCCNC to use a larger error tolerance. If you don't want it to slow down, you need to allow UCCNC to "blend" the segments.

http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude

Downloads
    Uploads

The file opened fine for me, by just double clicking it.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

If UCCNC has LookAhead settings, I'd try raising the number of lines the controller looks ahead; this is what will general "smooth" out motion, in conjunction with CV.

There are g-code optimization software that will fit arcs from multiple segments. Some expensive CAM have this feature as well. Some not-as-expensive CAM will do arc optimization in the X-Y plane (Z waterline toolpath). Some CAM will generate 3D arcs and NURBS, but only the more expensive controllers can handle that. Some CAM and g-code optimization software can also switch the controller between exact stop and CV. Some CAM and g-code optimization will also adjust the feedrate (and DoC) to maintain spindle loads - when approaching an inside corner for example.

As you can imagine, this can greatly decrease the program line count, and decrease machining time. It will also decrease the money in your wallet a LOT. But, leave a smoother finish on your part.

I will say, you should use "stock" toolpaths (2.5D) whenever possible, and 3D toolpaths only whenever necessary (never use it to pocket for example).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234