Fusion 360 Assembly to CAM

Thread: Fusion 360 Assembly to CAM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fusion 360 Assembly to CAM

What are the recommended steps to go from an assembly to Cam-ing the individual parts?
    I can design fairly well in F360 now, and I understand and can do the CAM. It looks like I can make the parts I'm not working on invisible, and CAM the other, but I'm thinking that's probably not the best route. It keeps updating the whole assembly file and will eventually get huge.
    I cannot find any tutorials, step by step, about moving from an assembly to making code for one of the components.
    I'm sure I'm missing something so obvious that it isn't mentioned, forgive me I'm getting old, and probably stupid(er).
    Ozzie

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fusion 360 Assembly to CAM

What I do is click on the component I want to do CAM on and select "Isolate" (only available on Model view). Then I switch to CAM view and make my setup (I think it chooses just that component by default) and do my CAM stuff. Repeat as necessary. There's also an option to select the components you want included in your setup, but I rarely want to see anything other than the part I'm CAMming at the moment.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
    What I do is click on the component I want to do CAM on and select "Isolate" (only available on Model view). Then I switch to CAM view and make my setup (I think it chooses just that component by default) and do my CAM stuff. Repeat as necessary. There's also an option to select the components you want included in your setup, but I rarely want to see anything other than the part I'm CAMming at the moment.
    This is what I do as well. In the model environment, isolate the part and go to CAM. The only thing I do different is I bring in my vise and other fixtures too. I keep them visible in CAM, but turn them all off when I'm modeling.

So far I've had success with this even when the model files get really big.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Guys,
    Since I posted I've discovered the isolate option and have been doing as you suggest.
    Cheers,
    Ozzie