Need Help! Jittering around IJK moves Fusion 360

Thread: Jittering around IJK moves Fusion 360

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Jittering around IJK moves Fusion 360

I think I'm having an issue with some arcs or post processing. Running mach 3. The cutter is 'jittering' and doing huge 'jumps' around specific areas. I think it may have something to do with G91.1 curves, but I'm truly not sure. The points on the curve are labelled as G1 and G2 moves in the code, alternating. When it hits a nice symmetrical curve it flies through smoothly. This problem is only occurring on 2D contour toolpaths. I'm running a leadshine MX3660 with the 'smoother and pulse switch set to off.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Jittering around IJK moves Fusion 360

I have had this problem on some jobs as well running F360 on a Kitamura VMC.
    It bothers me that the smoothing didn't help one bit. Clearly that option does not work as described.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is this an exact stop issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't believe so in my case. Fusion spit out a mountain of small X and Y splines rather than arcs. I imagine we could have looked into decel settings
    to minimize the effect but the bogus little moves rather than full arcs is the root problem. IIRC, these moves were during roughing too probably adaptive
    clearing, which should definitely utilize the smoothing due to the operation not being a finish one. We have had this issue on perhaps two or three jobs
    in the 14 or so months we've been using the software.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Generally I find that smoothing works pretty well with the right settings. It works best when the smoothing setting is 2-5x the tolerance value. Most of the time I use a tolerance setting of 0.0002in and a smoothing setting of 0.001in. That seems to generate pretty smooth and compact code. The only time it doesn't work for me is with combined vertical and horizontal lead ins/outs. I'm not sure why this is.

As for jittering on transitions between arcs and lines; my guess is that there is some control parameter that needs to be tweaked. I'm not familiar with MACH3 though so can't really help there.

C|