Fusion and a few problems

Thread: Fusion and a few problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fusion and a few problems

Hello! New to fusion 360. Slowly learning the 3D cad/cam software with the help of a friend. I have my first part desinged and have the cam worked out. I have a few questions. I have a hurco km3p auto 87 model. I'm using the Hurco3d post. When I post process the code comes up in brackets program. I select all the txt and copy it. Open dnc4u and paste the code in the window. Select send to cnc. Of course nothing happens. I know there are settings in dnc4u as well as the ultimax control I have to set and I have done so. First question. Is dnc4u what I should be running? Is the Hurco3d post what I need to be using for the ultimax control? Once I get those portions of getting code to the machine from computer I'd like to know how to set a home coordinate/origin to begin from. I think my friend that is helping me has given up on me ha ha. Thank you for your help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fusion and a few problems

You need help setting your xyz0 in your Fusion setup or on the actual workpiece in the machine?
    DNC4u works as do many open source nc transferring programs. I think we are now using SmartDNC.
    As far as posts go, you need to post it out, examine the code, and see if it is giving you what your machine needs.
    You may need a custom post or to make changes in an editor before it can run in your machine. You need to try it
    out first to see what the supplied posts give you.
    Good luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fusion and a few problems

Thanks for the response. After much research over the last 3 weeks. I've had to go with sheet cam and a custom post for it and have since ran some accurate parts