Milled part is backwards

Thread: Milled part is backwards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Milled part is backwards

I drew a sign in Inventor 2017 but when I tried to mill it the text and sketch was reversed. Do I have to draw the sign backwards so it comes out milled the correct way? Thanks in advance for any help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Milled part is backwards

No, you don't have to draw things reversed in Fusion to have them come out right.

What machine are you running on? Machines are supposed to have a right hand coordinate system, and if a DIY machine it is easy to reverse an axis to have a left hand coordinate system. Is it possible that you have an axis reversed in the machine setup?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 109jb View Post
    No, you don't have to draw things reversed in Fusion to have them come out right.

What machine are you running on? Machines are supposed to have a right hand coordinate system, and if a DIY machine it is easy to reverse an axis to have a left hand coordinate system. Is it possible that you have an axis reversed in the machine setup?
    I am using a techno LC series. I have used it a couple other times to make a part that I designed in mastercam quick part. When I used that program there was an option to mirror the geometry. It didn't make sense because that command was supposed to be used when engraving on acrylic so the lines would show through the front in the correct direction. However the only way it would engrave the correct way on a piece of wood for example was to mirror the geometry. If I had an axis reversed, which is possible, wouldn't that only affect the direction it is milled on the board and not make the letters backwards?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Milled part is backwards

If either the x or Y axis is reversed then the part made will be a mirror image.