KIA V45 not changing tools

Thread: KIA V45 not changing tools

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry KIA V45 not changing tools

Working on A Kia V45 Vertical that I had to reload the Parameters in. Has a Fanuc 0m-c control. Everything seems to work ok except the tool change cycle.
    The 20 tool drum will index to the correct tool pocket and then it alarms (PER 106) "Magazine needs zero returned". Pot will not drop and it just stops
    I'm pretty sure the tooling parameters are set up right. Tool designation etc.. Even in Maintenance mode the pot will not drop unless I manually drop it with the solenoid valve
    and then I can move the double arm. All switches are functioning. A/B phase and Home position(Pot 20) are changing in diagnostics. The machine does not use a macro but a Ladder sequence to change tools.
    Tried changing some of the D587 settings related to the tool changer but no luck.Have all of the orig.parameters set correctly. Banging my head against the wall on this one.

Talked to Fanuc and they said this is a Kia side of the machine. Called Kia (Hyundai-Wia now) and no one there is supporting this old of machine any more (1997)

Even when I index the tool drum manually I get an alarm light on the operators pendant (call Light) when it stops but no alarm on the alarm page.
    GRRRR!

Any help would be great.