Takisawa MAC V4 toolchanger issues

Thread: Takisawa MAC V4 toolchanger issues

Default Takisawa MAC V4 toolchanger issues

We just got a Takisawa MAC V4 cnc mill with a fanuc 6m control. We did some work to it and got the spindle and axes moving, but the toolchanger is not functioning. We cannot rotate the carousel, or move the arm at all with either the manual buttons or an MDI toolchange entry. The clamp/unclamp function works though.
    Does anyone have an idea where to start, or better yet, a repair manual?
    Thanks in advance!
    Dan

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Takisawa MAC V4 toolchanger issues

I restarted the machine and now i am able to rotate the magazine. I still can't get the arm to rotate or move up or down though.
    Also, when trying a toolchange in MDI, i get an alarm 2098 Z-ZRN?M06

Downloads
    Uploads

You need G0G91G28Z0; TxxM6.

thanks. i guess i'm used to my old (newer) mills where you didnt have to enter that.
    i got it to start a tool change but it stopped in the middle of it. I suspect the pneumatics are sticky or something.
    I now get a t-check alarm on the machine. I'm trying to figure out if that means the tool changer is out of position, but it's hard to check since none of the manual control buttons for the arm are working

so i started taking the toolchanger apart. i believe that it was hydrolocked, so i am in the process of rebuilding all the cylinders. this would explain why it wouldn't go back into the home position after i cycled everything.

got it all rebuilt and it works great now.

after a long battle with getting this machine going, i encountered an issue. i can only do a toolchange if i home out the machine's z axis before every toolchange. g28 and g30 will bring it to the same position (at least as close as i can roughly measure, however, it throws an alarm if i dont home it each time. the alarm is still 2098 Z-ZRN?M06. Any ideas?