Details for the next bi-monthly Brisbane CNC User Group meeting is as follows;
Date: Saturday 11 July 2009
Time: 10am till around 3pm
Where: Zillmere QLD (please email me at karmann68 at gmail dot com for my address and phone # as I won't be posting it on an open forum)
What to Bring: A machine, parts, work pieces or something else of interest. Alcohol
For those who cannot get there by car, I am about a 10min walk from Zillmere train station and close to buses being just near Church & Zillmere Roads.
I have a WidgitMaster Wide CNC Machine (550mm x 210mm cutting area) running Mach3 and VCarve Pro that I will have setup and would encourage others to bring their (small) machine or other items of interest to discuss with others.
I have an upstairs covered deck around 7m x 4m and also some space below for larger or heavier equipment. I only have 1 (or maybe 2) folding 6ft tables so if you are able to bring another along please let me know.
I'd like to make it fairly informal, however it would be good to have at least 30-60min set aside to have someone discuss a topic of interest. I'll get more details on the previous day up at Boris's and try and not go over the same topic. If you have any suggestions or would like to volunteer, let me know. I have a 50" Plasma Monitor that we can all huddle around.
Unfortunately for me Boris raised the bar fairly high, so I won't even try and top him Sorry I couldn't be there.
I will supply the basics for a BBQ (sausages, bread, sauce, soft drinks, plates, cutlery) so BYO the rest (alcohol, steaks, etc). If numbers exceed my expectations, then I might need to ask for a small donation.
RSVP by posting a reply to this post and let me know if you are bringing a machine so I can allocate space and power for it.
Look forward to seeing you all again and meeting some new faces.
CNC Machines: 2 Confirmed 1 Maybe
Name - user ID - status
1. Claudio - ClaudioG - Confirmed (bringing WidgitMaster CNC Wide Router running VCarve Pro & static WidgitMaster Midi (For Sale) )
2. Darryl - dgreensill - Confirmed (bringing all of his portable machines )
3. Mark - SimjetAU - Confirmed (bringing bells )
4. Zig - Zig - Confirmed
5. Chrisjh - Chrisjh - Confirmed (might bring partly assembled lathe as shown in pics at post #4)
6. Rosco - sco - Confirmed (bringing along CAD plans of a CNC router and offered to demo CAD to GCode process using Rhino products)
7. Steve - stevejw - Confirmed
8. Brian - electrolight - Confirmed (bringing photos of X2 Mill)
9. Graham - gpday - Confirmed (bringing photos of CNC router)
10. Glenn - tt-boy - Confirmed (bringing his electronics experience)
11. Stevie D - Treble Left - Confirmed (bringing examples of completed work pieces - guitars??)