V Carve and Tool settings

Thread: V Carve and Tool settings

Unhappy V Carve and Tool settings

Hi everyone.

Hoping someone can give me some guidance. Im running a K6100 (chinese machine) and its fine for most signage projects that I encounter, But not this one.
    Im getting lines around the letters consistent with the height of each cut. Im using a 120 degree bit on 10mm acrylic. (I have to use the 120 bit, so that I dont go too deep on this job). Is there any 'general rules; or specific settings I should be using for the Cutting parameters- acrylic /120 degree cutter? -
    • Pass depth
    • Final Pass Steover
    • Clearance Pass stepover
    • Spindle speed
    • Feed rate
    • Plunge rate

Any feed back welcome
    Cheers
    Noel

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: V Carve and Tool settings

Are you getting buildup around the cutter that is scraping the top surface?

I did a search for "acrylic router speed" and found this info on the Onsrud web site:

spindle speed: 18000 RPM
    1/8" cutter: 75-100 ipm
    1/4" cutter: 100-200 ipm
    3/8" cutter: 125-250 ipm
    1/2" cutter: 150-300 ipm

These values are for straight bits. A 120 degree bit has a narrow tip and a wide top, so maybe use the settings for the 1/8" cutter. I haven't cut acrylic, but usually adjust the speeds to produce small chips instead of melting.

Steve

Default Re: V Carve and Tool settings

Thanks Steve. My problem came about as Id upgraded my PC, and when I loaded Vcarve onto it, I lost ALL of my previous settings. Have spent the whole pm testing testing testing, and at the very end- Found a screen dump of the old settings - Thank you.