Australia help needed I have a matched three pin spindle and VFD drive - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help needed I have a matched three pin spindle and VFD drive

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: help needed I have a matched three pin spindle and VFD drive

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAy View Post
    Hi Ericks

Yes I have had some success I have had to change the wiring between the breakeout board and the VDF as I could only switch the spindle on i could not control the speed. I connected the fwd and GRND
    on the VFD and the 0-10V and GRND from the breakout board to the 10vin and GRND respectively on the VFD. My Mach 3 leaves a bit to be desired

I can part of the time get the spindle to work and control the speed by setting the speed to not less than 3000 using the spindle control found using ALT 1 or 2 I have so far been unable to determin why it works only some times and has to be reset each time Mach3 is started

However making the minimum speed on the Pulley 3000 results in good control over all aspects of the spindle I worry that this is an option unmentioned in any manual or youtube video any comment?
    So what spindle do you have that you are running at 3000 RPM, this is not the correct minimum speed if you have the high speed 24,000 RPM spindle, if you have a Chinese 24,000 RPM spindle the minimum RPM you can use or run at is 6,000RPM so your settings should be using 6,000 RPM=100Hz parameter settings that should be set in the VFD to prevent a burn up of your spindle

The spindle Power Ground, must go to the VFD Ground Terminal or to the main Power supply Ground, Star point Ground / Earth

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi thanks for your comments. Yes I have the VFD maximum set at 400 hz however at start up I am moving from 0 rev or hz=0 so I expected that the range would be 0 - 24000 or 0Hz - 400Hz what I have found is that with the minimum setting below 3000rev for the spindle speed the spindle simply clicks on and then immediately off. My concern is that at the ALT 1 or 2 screens setting minimum start up revolutions is problematic I must be doing something wrong part of the time though I have no idea what. The only reliable way I have found to set the minimum revolutions per min is to make the min Pulley speed 3000. I actually set it at 6000 but it will work at 3000. I have not read any literature that suggest setting the Pulley speed at any thing other than min = 0 to max 24000. Yes I agree with your comments on earthing.the unit.

I am interested to read your comments on setting the Pulley min.as a solution

Downloads
    Uploads

There is no minimum spindle speed setting on those screens.
    If you are controlling the spindle via PWM, the minimum speed is controlled by the PWM minimum % setting. It should be set to 25%-30%

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAy View Post
    Hi thanks for your comments. Yes I have the VFD maximum set at 400 hz however at start up I am moving from 0 rev or hz=0 so I expected that the range would be 0 - 24000 or 0Hz - 400Hz what I have found is that with the minimum setting below 3000rev for the spindle speed the spindle simply clicks on and then immediately off. My concern is that at the ALT 1 or 2 screens setting minimum start up revolutions is problematic I must be doing something wrong part of the time though I have no idea what. The only reliable way I have found to set the minimum revolutions per min is to make the min Pulley speed 3000. I actually set it at 6000 but it will work at 3000. I have not read any literature that suggest setting the Pulley speed at any thing other than min = 0 to max 24000. Yes I agree with your comments on earthing.the unit.

I am interested to read your comments on setting the Pulley min.as a solution
    That could be because you don't have the VFD set correct

Is all your wiring shielded and the shield terminated correct

You can not call 3000 to start your spindle you can only use S6000M3 this is the minimum setting you can use, you don't have a 0 to 24,000 spindle

The minimum startup is controlled by your VFD Drive settings PN11=100 your 400Hz setting has nothing to do with the minimum setting that is the max setting for your spindle =400Hz

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks ger 21 you solved the problem 25 - 30% works well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12