Australia Newbie Need of Help setting up Mach3 Demo with cnc6040

Thread: Newbie Need of Help setting up Mach3 Demo with cnc6040

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Newbie Need of Help setting up Mach3 Demo with cnc6040

Hi,everyone I'm in need of help setting up my new USB/Parallel cable- cnc6040 with Mach3 Demo but need to know which DEmo do I download ,plus i first time powered it up yesterday and the stepper motors on the cnc 6040 move slowly and make like a struggling noise if you know what i mean?

Please help ASAP

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie Need of Help setting up Mach3 Demo with cnc6040

Ditch Mach3 and get LinuxCNC.

Where are you?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Schematicsman View Post
    Hi,everyone I'm in need of help setting up my new USB/Parallel cable- cnc6040 with Mach3 Demo but need to know which DEmo do I download ,plus i first time powered it up yesterday and the stepper motors on the cnc 6040 move slowly and make like a struggling noise if you know what i mean?

Please help ASAP
    Hi. did you get any set up instructions with your machine or a copy of Mach3? The first think I did with my 6040 was to set up the motor tuning in Mach3. If that's not done properly that could cause the symptoms you describe. If you did get a copy of Mach3, use it till you get your machine tuned and set up properly, you can always use the settings on other versions of Mach3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi there pari thanks for writing back,
    I got a program that's called "CNC USB controller Software" just like in this video link look at time 1:17 and its a demo but alittle confusion and dont know what to do and how to set it up or should I just use Mach3 instead?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi I only got the CNC USB software I mentioned above and dont know what version of MAch 3 I need to download as my cnc 6040Z came with black box and USB to parallel connection. please help from the start setting up and fine tuning ....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you using a dedicated pc?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi again Im using Dell D620 laptop with Windows 7 pro 32bit fresh installed and nothing else installed the CNC USB controller software that came with the cd and when i pressed on the left right up down arrow keys with the mouse on the software it moved but very slowly and the stepper motors made sound like growling sound im not sure how to explain,but struggling.

So i would like detailed instructions in what Mach3 i need from this webpage Downloads & Updates - Newfangled Solutions according to my laptop details i have given and how to setup my cnc6040Z correctly?
    thank you

Now I got the machine already assembled just added the steppers and plugged them in thats it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie Need of Help setting up Mach3 Demo with cnc6040

Quote Originally Posted by Schematicsman View Post
    hi there pari thanks for writing back,
    I got a program that's called "CNC USB controller Software" just like in this video link look at time 1:17 and its a demo but alittle confusion and dont know what to do and how to set it up or should I just use Mach3 instead?
    I never had a USB version of the 6040. I had mine a few years ago and it was parallel port only just using Mach3. So I don't know how much help I can be. But the sound you describe does sound like the motor tuning is out.
    Where does the USC CNC software fit into the workflow for using your machine. Is it running your CNC or is Mach3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi there the machine came with the CNC USB controller software that i mentioned and is displayed and not mach3...so i would like to know lets say if i wanted to use MAch3 for simplicity which mach 3 should i download from this page--> Downloads & Updates - Newfangled Solutions for my machine taht is USB to parallel connector and then how do i install and setup for my machine?

Please help

Downloads
    Uploads

You shouldget the .062 version, not the latest .066 version. The latter has some bugs in it.
    The .062 still has a few bugs, but it is the best version around.

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi thanks ,which Mach3 software is the .062 v from the website download page? and then how and what do i install from the software and then how to setup parameters from step 1--->,step2---> you know?

Downloads
    Uploads

Do a bit of search here at CNCZone or at Artsoft Forum. Lot's of references to it.
    Me, I forget where I got it from. It was some time ago.
    Installation: there are manuals and instructions on the Artsoft web site - lots of them. Members Docs is one place.

Cheers
    Roger