Australia After a local CNC Router - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After a local CNC Router

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: After a local CNC Router

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiian_robot View Post
    Hey, not sure if this is what you're after, but I have a 3DTek XYZ carve, 400 W spindle, 1000 x 1000 mm work area (no MDF wasteboard though, but you could set up a board from slot extrusion if you wanted?) that I'm looking to get rid of. Hasn't been used, it's just taking up space I don't have, and I'd rather have the money. Looking to let it go at a pretty significant loss to myself, like I said, just want it to go to someone that'll get use out of it.
    I could certainly see myself getting started on one of those, PM incoming!

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks to Phomann. that Vermac router has the same kind of vac pump (side channel blower) as my unit. Always on the lookout for alternatives as I get the impression that parts are gunna be quite expensive on my unit when the time comes to start fixing things

Just some random canvas guy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, Calebarchie,
    Something maybe you need to know about the Chinese routers on Ebay. According the fellow who designed a controller board and USB CNC software at Planet CNC, they all have counterfeit controller boards and pirated software. The reason (he said) why the ones mentioned a few months ago are no longer in business is simple. They offer 2 year warranty and 100% satisfaction guarantee but disappear when you try to access the warranty. I bought one of the 6040 machines. Its usable size is way smaller than 60 x40 cm. I just ordered a new controller for it from an Australian manufacturer. I've also bought German stepper motors for it. This makes the $1980 machine cost over $3000!
    There is a fello who posted a video of the exact same problem I and so far another 25 people I've contacted are having because of the dud controller boards in them. He's in the UK BTW. Watch his video before you buy a Chinese router offering delivery from Sydney. Its a bond store they send container loads of routers to for AU delivery. Here's the link:

Good luck
    Ryadia.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I first started out I bought some cheap crappy Chinese stepper motors ("Smooth" brand LOL). I bought a Leadshine stepper drive to go with it.

Just like in the video I couldn't get above a certain RPM before the motor stalled and squealed.

Next I bought Gecko drives (G203V but they're all good). Those cute little beasties would run my cheap crappy stepper motors up to a good speed, no problem. No more Leadshine drives for me, Gecko all the way. My plasma table max speed is 10,000 mm/min. I tested the table at that speed for 30 mins, with lots of zig zags, circles, curves, sharp turns, etc, basically a torture test to see if I would get any lost steps. After the test the X and Y axis returned precisely to the original starting position, as programmed. No lost steps at all. Oh, and I was not gentle on the acceleration/deceleration.

So there's drives and there's drives, and my experience is a cheap stepper motor can be driven OK by a high quality drive. The Gecko drive was cheaper than the Leadshine drive too, by quite a margin. But there again I did buy the Leadshine drive from a local Australian supplier = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ as usual. However, Geckos are available locally too (Homann Designs), but for about the same price as what you'd pay in the US last time I checked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12