Australia Procam

Thread: Procam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Procam

Hi just after some info on a Procam Cnc flat bed
    I new to this I have just bought a Procam and would like to no how much power this might need I am running it off a 37.5kva generator as I have no 3 phase power and can't seem to run the two vac pumps and dust extraction at the same time can run one at a time
    has anyone got any idea
    thanks
    Dave

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Procam

Cant help you on how much juice in total it pulls, however I will draw off my own experience with my largish cutter/plotter (3200 x 3600mm). Maybe it could help you.

When I purchased my unit its standard spec was to run off 3ph. That is a single 3 ph vac pump.
    From 3ph mains outlet the PC and main control panel would simply hang off one phase. For my unit these 2 bits would not draw much juice.

Like you I don't have 3ph power within cooee, so they setup 3 x single ph vac pumps that I can switch in separately. All can be run together, so long as I sequence (delay) their startup.
    Run off 2 separate outlets from separate breakers at the wall. So obv 2 off one cct, 1 off the other. Looking at the terminals (6) on each of its vac motors, I am assuming each is actually a 3 ph pump, but don't quote me on this. I have not done my research to prove/disprove this.

So in a nutshell, if possible, I would consider separating the PC/and main CTRL panel from 3ph generator and run these on single phase mains supply. A lot of gennys aren't kind to electronics.
    wrt to vac pumps: Of course their are several variables when it comes to how motors can be started/run and phase issues, power needs etc... so some time spent with someone who knows their stuff could provide a good outcome here.

Of course photos and more detailed specs will probably draw out the more astute on these matters.

Good Luck with it,

Jatt

Just some random canvas guy