Australia New 6040 CNC machine. Spindle controller settings.

Thread: New 6040 CNC machine. Spindle controller settings.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New 6040 CNC machine. Spindle controller settings.

G'day.
    I have just received and set up a Chinese 6040 CNC machine. All is up and running but I may have (or may not have) unintentionally altered a setting in the Spindle controller via the front panel of the control box.
    I'm hoping that someone might be able to note down all of the program settings for me (ie D002 = ???) so that I can check to make sure that I haven't altered anything. It's the 1500w VFD and has PRT-E1500W written just above the LED display.
    When I first assembled the machine I am sure that I had the spindle spinning up just by using the knob on the front of the control box. I wasn't able to run any of the other motors until I set up my computer and the Mach3 configuration. Now, I have it all set up, all the axis motors work, but I no longer can get the spindle to run even from the knob on the control box. I'm wondering if I have accidentally changed a program setting in the VFD.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 6040 CNC machine. Spindle controller settings.-cnc-6040-s-l1600-2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RoddQLD View Post
    G'day.
    I have just received and set up a Chinese 6040 CNC machine. All is up and running but I may have (or may not have) unintentionally altered a setting in the Spindle controller via the front panel of the control box.
    I'm hoping that someone might be able to note down all of the program settings for me (ie D002 = ???) so that I can check to make sure that I haven't altered anything. It's the 1500w VFD and has PRT-E1500W written just above the LED display.
    When I first assembled the machine I am sure that I had the spindle spinning up just by using the knob on the front of the control box. I wasn't able to run any of the other motors until I set up my computer and the Mach3 configuration. Now, I have it all set up, all the axis motors work, but I no longer can get the spindle to run even from the knob on the control box. I'm wondering if I have accidentally changed a program setting in the VFD.
    Hi Mate, I have the same type of machine, with the same box, I take it yours is 220v seeing your overseas from me here in the states, Too me it sounds like you didn't get the motor tuning setup correctly or your ports and pin config is missing the correct ports and pins, when you tune your motor settings make sure you click on the axis first before you input the numbers for that axis and save it first, then move to the next axis and input data and save, once you get all the axis data input then start at the top axis and go through and move the sliders around and save that data and also input the spindle data and save it also do the sliders also it recalibrates the data against what you input for spindle, then go to the diagnostics screen and toggle the motor on or off, if that doesn't work then recheck you ports and pins settings for the spindle motor.
    Try that out should get you going
    Good luck Chimera1960, my setup is down because of the VFD flashing zeros, I think I figured out who made the VFD and contacted them for a translated manual,they are looking into it. Also there is a thread here that has the 220v manual for your version VFD. Just search by the VFD number and you will find it. Hope this helps

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New 6040 CNC machine. Spindle controller settings.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, was definitely running from the CNC control box but since I have installed Mach 3 and try to operate it from the CNC box it rotates a couple of times with a high pitched whine then stops with the error code E o. The spindle rotates smoothly when not powered, the whine sounds like an electronic sound.
    Did you manage to resolve your problem?

thanks
    Martin