Missing steps on x axis

Thread: Missing steps on x axis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Missing steps on x axis

Does any one know why after I run my router on a project after about an hour or so my x axis seems to lose steps ( the axis will move about -40 mm and I have to zero machine and re start the code again ) it works fine without missing a beat on short jobs , I have checked for tight spots on the slides & screw in case there is a heat expansion issue but it seems all good
    there are no loose couplings on the shaft etc . I have tried slowing my motor accell & feed in motor tuning but it doesn't seem to help .The z&y don't give any trouble at all.
    any help would be appreciated thanks .
    Glenn.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Missing steps on x axis

Probably help to give people lots of information about the machine.
    Servos or steppers. Types of drivers
    It could be many things, interference maybe.
    I had a Chinese 6040 that was like that. Ended up replacing all cables with shielded types and replacing the electronics with a Gecko.

Downloads
    Uploads

It could be that your drivers are over-heating. Do you have them mounted to a heat-sink with thermal paste? Is there a fan cooling the heat-sink?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for you reply Andrew ,yes I have got my drivers mounted on a heat sink but no paste ,I have got 2X 6inch fans cooling the drivers , but sins posting my problem I have found the de bouncing setting in Mach3 and had a play with that and it seems to have stoped my problem as I have done a few 5-6 hour jobs and had no issues YET !! . but I'm still not 100% sure its fixed so I think it my be noise interference from something I'm still doing some experimenting with EMI filters I'll let you know the results thanks'

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep I should have given a bit more info on my machine sorry , but I think your on the right track it seems to be a noise problem I'm working on as I mentioned to Andrew thanks for you reply .