Australia Laser Cutter Upgrade

Thread: Laser Cutter Upgrade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser Cutter Upgrade

Hi Everyone,
    Recently I started to disassemble my 2001 vintage commercial 100 Watt laser cutter due to a software fault that could not be fixed.
    I ordered new electronics from Sinjoe in China and finally they arrived yesterday. Who would have known that they would arrive with no information at all as to hope to connect everything together. I had earlier received a wiring diagram from Sinjoe, but it shows the AWC608 connected to Steppers. I am waiting for them to redraw it now to suit my configuration although I can't say how long that might take.

I did a lengthy search of the internet and found some probably useful documents, but unfortunately, they will only be useful to someone with a much higher level of electronics experience than I have.
    Now I have every thing I need but with very little idea about putting it together. So, is there someone able to offer any help with the following components.

AWC708C Plus Controller.
    HBS57 Easy Servo Drive and associated Easy Servo Motor.
    RECI P16 LCD integrated Intelligent Protection Co2 Laser Power Supply.

I also have the necessary power supply (NES-350-36 ,with 36V ,9.7A and 350W.) for both Drives and for the AWC708C Controller (NES-75-24 ,with 24V ,3.2A and 75W).

I was told a long time ago, never be afraid to ask for help. So, here I am, asking for help.
    Yes, I have also experienced the result of not asking when I should have.

I have the necessary cables to connect the Motors to the Drives. Unfortunately that is about all I would be sure of.

My Laser uses Optical Limit and Home switches so I will hope to retain them. It also had Servo motors, but all the internet found on them was a couple of adverts where they were for sale.

Here are a couple of photos of the new parts mentioned above.

I am retired and spend most of my time at my Son's workshop in Sunshine North in Victoria. If anyone is able to offer help and wants ti visit, they will be very welcome. Just send me a PM.

Thanks to all in advance.

Regards,
    Albert

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Cutter Upgrade-lcw-laser-cutter-jpg   Laser Cutter Upgrade-awc708c-plus-jpg   Laser Cutter Upgrade-eady-servo-motor-jpg   Laser Cutter Upgrade-easy-servo-drive-jpg  

Laser Cutter Upgrade-reci-p14-power-supply-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser Cutter Upgrade

The absence of replies / suggestions from Forum members, has surprised me a little. Perhaps I am the only one trying to install these particular drives and motors.
    Anyway, I have been doing further research into my problem and this is where I am now at.

I have made the more obvious connections ie. power supplies to the Controller & Drives. Drives are also almost fully connected to the motors. I say almost connected because there are still a couple of connections I am a little unsure of.

So far, I have power to the Controller as well as the Motors and Drives. When I apply 240V, the Controller fires up and the motors can't be turned by hand. They are just sitting on the bench, so I am expecting that they would not be able to turn without the correct signal from the controller.

The drive connections appear very similar to these. http://www.leadshine.com/UploadFile/Down/M542d.pdf
    The above link shows a Leadshine Drive, M542. This statement is at the head of the text.
    The M542 is an economical micro stepping driver based on patented technology of Leadshine. It is suitable for driving 2 phase and 4 phase hybrid stepping motors.

Some of the connections on the M542 Drive are the same as the connections on my HBS57.

They are:
    PUL+
    PUL-
    DIR+
    DIR-
    ENA+
    ENA-

I also found in that same document that these connections (see thumbnail) were wired to the AWC608 Controller as follows. My AWC708c Plus is an upgrade of the AWC 608.

My drive also has connections to the motor shown as U, V, & W. These are connected to the motor via a supplied cable.
    In addition, there is a supplied cable with DB15 connections.

It seems that the designation HSB57 on my drives may have been substituted for the Leadshine's ESD-508.

My Drives are the same as the ES-M32320, one of the ESD-508 models.

With the M542 and my HBS57 both being capable of running Hybrid Motors, it seems reasonable that the wiring would be the same.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I really would appreciate some help on this before the blue smoke appears.

Thanks in advance,
    Albert

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Cutter Upgrade-m542-connections-jpg  
    Last edited by jazz352060; 08-04-2015 at 05:14 AM.