Australia Shipping cost USA to AUS

Thread: Shipping cost USA to AUS

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Shipping cost USA to AUS

G'day all. I'm about to undertake the beginning of my cnc life buy purchasing a CNC machine for woodworking. Maybe aluminium too.
    Ive decided (although still open to suggestions) to get a probotix fireball comet. It's the size I'm after for my first machine, and it's nice it's comes all setup and ready to go with PC and all. I'm mainly going to code by hand to make parametric program's but will eventually use some other software (suggestions welcome) to do more detailed pieces.

My my problem is shipping. It's. 48" x 48" x 30" crate weighing 300lbs. I expect to pay a bit for shipping but I'm struggling to find a reasonable price. Seems like the cheapest I've been quoted so far is $2400. Which to me is a rip off since the machine is under $4000.

Has as anyone shipped cnc machines around this size/weight to Australia? What cost? And any suggestions for transport companies.

Any help ell is much much much appreciated.

thankyou

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Shipping cost USA to AUS

Hi Zedodia,
    I've not shipped quite as large as that but have brought over quite large parcels for cnc products from both CandCNC and CNCrouterparts. With that size I would almost certainly advise getting a shipping agent involved to see if they can't part container it with other stuff coming to Australia. Unless of course you absolutely have to have it sooner, then airfreight is where you will be headed. Exey too. Bear in mind when you get it here the government want a fair portion of your hard-eared for the joy of you bringing it into Australia. And the government do include shipping in the total cost of the product when calculating Import Tax and GST etc. Never miss a trick to gouge they don't. So just be prepared for that extra bit of expense as well.
    Seriously, I would be chatting to a reputable shipping agent.
    Hope this is of some help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks mate. Yeah I realise good old mr tony faggot and his party of fat cats will want their share of my cash for buying something from overseas. And I'm in no rush for the machine. I'd rather go sea freight due to cost and I don't want my cnc machine to go missing or blow up lol (sorry to anyone that may offend). I've got a fair few quotes of large companies but yeah all ridiculous in shipping. I'm just chasing a name for a company that someone may have used to ship something large. Probotix don't ship overseas so I need a third part freight company to do this for me. I've shipped car parts of similar size and weight in the past for a small price, but was through the company doing it itself and I don't have the info as to who they used.

Like in terms of size and weight for a ship to handle I couldn't imagine it costing more than $500. But hey I've been wrong before.

Downloads
    Uploads

That seems an awful lot of money for that size machine. I shipped a 300kg 6090 from China, and all up the fees, duties, port charges, brokers fees, etc, came to around $2000-$2500 from memory. The crate was around 6' x 5' x 5', and delivery was to my door and unloaded inside.

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Downloads
    Uploads

I wouldn't pay that for a probotix machine. They are fairly lightweight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    I wouldn't pay that for a probotix machine. They are fairly lightweight.
    Can you expand on your comment? What do you mean by lightweight?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zedodia, if you are only looking for a small cnc router in the 25" range, perhaps look at the Shark Pro from Carbatec. The company is local in Australia so will save you a few bob on shipping from the US. Also save a few bob on import duties etc. I did not pick up on the size of the machine you were after. Only when I went to look upt the Probotix Meteor that I saw it was basically a table-top model. Have a look at the Shark Pro from carbatec.com.au. Alternatively if you want to go the kit route look up cncrouterparts.com. They definitely do ship to Australia as I have bought from them. Anyway, you have to make up your own mind as to what route you want to take. Enjoy the journey. :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

I personally would never recommend a Shark unless you want to pay a 300% premium for a machine made out of plastic!

A 6040 from China with a G540 would be far cheaper, far more robust, and much quieter. And you could use it to make a bigger cnc machine, and still come under the cost of a Shark from Carbatec!

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zedodia View Post
    Can you expand on your comment? What do you mean by lightweight?
    Not rigid, lots of flex. Inherent to the design.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thankyou all who replied. I think my mind is now saying, get a 6x-1500gt USB

Looks mad. Seems cheaper and would be fun to build. A little smaller but I don't mind. It will do what I need it for to start.

So I'm starting a new thread. Thanks everyone

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What ever you do, DON’T USE viabox.com!!!! I was using Viabox.com for just over 3 months, I had purchased $889 worth of goods from the one supplier in the USA. I had those goods sitting in my unit at the forwarding company in the USA waiting for the right time to get it shipped when I could consolidate it with a smaller lighter parcel to get value for money. I had parcels continually coming in and out of the unit but waiting for the right parcel to consolidate with this heavy parcel. I did not realize that the shipping company had a 90 day storage policy. I ordered a small amount of goods that would be perfect to ship the heavy parcel. When I went to consolidate and ship the 2 parcels, the goods were missing from the display. After more than 7 days of emails back and forth and them telling me they didn’t know where it was. I called every day leaving voice messages expressing my concern. They finally emailed me after 7 days stating that my goods had been disposed of. I couldn’t believe it, I have used other forwarding companies and they have sent out reminder/warning emails to let you know that in 7 days your goods will be removed. That way you can take action, as time slips away from you. Viabox.com sent no warning email at all. I had parcels coming and going the whole time, so they unit was clearly active.
    They destroyed nearly $1,000 worth of my goods and then I had to spend the next week calling them and asking where the parcel was before they told me. This is probably the worse service I have ever had. I get people asking me on a weekly basis who I use to get my stuff from the USA to Australia and Viabox.com have definitely been the worst!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

The real issue here is that the US is a long way from Australia, much further than China. Plus you are talking about a one off import rather than an ongoing relationship.
    I just took delivery of 200kg ex china. Shipping cost me about $1800. But the actual cost of ocean freight was only AUD $45 of that. Someone has to get it to the port overseas (China is a big place) , someone has to get it from the port in Australia to me and someone has to look after all the customs red tape and GST etc, You need to find a good reliable freight forwarder in your city and leave it in their hands.
    Or buy locally...

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zedodia View Post
    Thanks mate. Yeah I realise good old mr tony faggot and his party of fat cats will want their share of my cash for buying something from overseas. And I'm in no rush for the machine. I'd rather go sea freight due to cost and I don't want my cnc machine to go missing or blow up lol (sorry to anyone that may offend). I've got a fair few quotes of large companies but yeah all ridiculous in shipping. I'm just chasing a name for a company that someone may have used to ship something large. Probotix don't ship overseas so I need a third part freight company to do this for me. I've shipped car parts of similar size and weight in the past for a small price, but was through the company doing it itself and I don't have the info as to who they used.

Like in terms of size and weight for a ship to handle I couldn't imagine it costing more than $500. But hey I've been wrong before.
    Why not have a look at an Aussie router manufacturer. Vermec is no company that I can recommend.
    https://www.vermec.com/store/p79/Ver...er_VC1200.html

Give them a call and speak to Justin.

Cheers,

Peter

-------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com