Scaled down Joe's 2006 R2 - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Scaled down Joe's 2006 R2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool, thanks Gully. Sound like a more cost effective method than using the commercial jobbies. The FF & FK bearing blocks are a tad expensive......

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Scaled down Joe's 2006 R2

Every time i get to this forum and find this topic i get nice and coazy feeling around my hart This machine is awesome!! Kudos to the builder!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Sturmer,
    Wow had a quick reminisce back through my build log. Nilly seven years since I started building my little Joe's.
    A lot has happened in that time, Moved house, closed my business down and moved out of my factory. Am now working in hospital engineering. I'm still lurking around cnczone and planning a bigger machine with a steel frame just to keep my hand in.
    My Joe's is still in my work shop, pleased to say its still running as good as ever and I still use it frequently. The Ozito is still going strong (couldn't kill it with a stick!) But I am currently working on fitting a 2Hp 1/2"collet router to it. just to see how that goes (I get bored so like to try out stupid stuff)
    Once its fitted and if I survive the test run with all my limbs I will post a pic for old times sake.

regards to all

Gully

Striving for medeocrity..and achieving high scores!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just so you know for at least 4 of this years i had a picture of your small Joes on my wall as a wish list... Cant manage to find time and money in this economy here in Croatia .. :/

But the looks of the machine is superb! Have any pictures of work done with it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmer View Post
    Just so you know for at least 4 of this years i had a picture of your small Joes on my wall as a wish list... Cant manage to find time and money in this economy here in Croatia .. :/

But the looks of the machine is superb! Have any pictures of work done with it?
    Is MDF expensive in Croatia? Approximately how much would it cost to make a standard Joe's?

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow,
    Its almost 3 years since I last posted here.
    Quick update for anyone interested, my Joe's is still going strong and gets a fair bit of use on my hobby guitar projects

Finally got sick of the noise from the little Ozito router and treated my Joe's and my hearing to an upgrade
    Scaled down Joe's 2006 R2-dsc09806-jpg

1.5Kw ER20 spindle and matching HY VFD. Finished final set up and tests today.
    God I wish I had done this years ago. It's so much nicer to use and heaps more accurate.

Plan now is to use this to cut new parts as required for a new and larger CNC router set up.
    That build will be coming soon.
    Latest finished project on the Joe's
    Scaled down Joe's 2006 R2-dsc09804-jpg
    Tele style guitar for a friend made from reclaimed timber

Gully

Striving for medeocrity..and achieving high scores!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567