Need Help! Circles not coming out the right size - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Circles not coming out the right size

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Circles not coming out the right size

The machine I'm using is a Romaxx HS-1 Romaxx CNC Router HS-1 machine a CNC workhorse | Romaxx CNC Router Systems it's a very well built machine really solid.
    I wouldn't consider a Romaxx to be "really solid". and I think that the issues you are seeing are mostly related to flex in the machine.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    You`re almost there sir you need to fine tune on your output cut to have a perfect circle, but if you want an easier step you can try sample cutting square instead of a circle, like for example 40mm X 40mm, it`s easier for you to measure squares than circles and it`s the same thing, so if you perfected the 40mm X 40mm square it should be perfect on all circle cuts on your machine, it`s the same fine tuning step but easier to measure
    OK so I took your advise and cut out a square and measured it and of course it was off on the measurements so I re calibrated it and adding in the updated measurements and cut out a new square. So I measured this new square and it was still off and I thought this can't be right and if it's not getting better with the re calibration and the software it must be something mechanical on the machine itself that's messing everything up.

So before I go on yes I'm a newbie to CNC this is my first machine and even though I'm having troubles with it it's all a learning experience to me. I have always loved this quote by Thomas A. Edison "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Well to make a long story I did fix my problem finally. The problem wasn't in the calibration but the machine itself. The problem was with the Z axis being lose it was only like 1-2mm off but that was enough to screw everything up. It didn't dawn on me at all that this little bit of play in the Z axis would be what was messing me up all this time.

The other problem was that when I received this machine it didn't come with an owners manual or any documentation on the machine at all. I emailed the owner several times with my problem and after week of no responses from him I decided to take matters into my own hands even though I had no idea how to even fix the problem. So I grabbed my crescent wrench and went to work on the machine and finally found out through trial and error that all I had to do to fix the problem was use my wrench to tweak some of the bearings in the Z axis slide and that seemed to solve my problem.

I wanted to thank everyone that took the time to help me out especially KH0UJ you didn't have to but you did and for that I am very grateful.

Thanks again

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

all I had to do to fix the problem was use my wrench to tweak some of the bearings in the Z axis slide and that seemed to solve my problem
    We strongly disapprove of using a crescent wrench when you should be using a big hammer...

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12