Trying to Smooth this trace out

Thread: Trying to Smooth this trace out

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Trying to Smooth this trace out

I have a logo that I have taken a picture of and imported as a bitmap and traced. The logo was hand drawn. I was able to get a decent trace on, but a lot of the lines are jagged and i think will cause issues when carving. The preview looks a little shaking but it may turn out alright. at any rate, i would like to smooth some of this out. Ive tried some of the easier options but nothing seems to have an effect.

attached is the picture i used to trace and an export of the dxf from aspire.

any help would be great....or maybe I'll be okay and its not worth the trouble, what do you think?

Thanks
    BR

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trying to Smooth this trace out-fullsizerender-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Trying to Smooth this trace out

dxf for both annular and centerline style

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trying to Smooth this trace out-lfr-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.signtorch.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

GREAT thanks. mind sharing how you went about doing this?

Downloads
    Uploads

in order to make the centerline version, since there are intersections, I used the mouse to draw the centerline curves (in corel draw) just like hand writing, then I just offset that outward to make the annular version

it would've been easier to not do the centerline version - in that case I could just scribble the handwriting in photoshop with the pen tablet, then do a raster to vector conversion

it would've been easiest to use a pen tablet to draw the handwriting in corel - but I currently don't have a pen on that computer

www.signtorch.com