Newbie Using two bits to carve one job

Thread: Using two bits to carve one job

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Using two bits to carve one job

I'm very new to Aspire and new to CNC-carving in general, but I'm hoping that my question has a very easy answer.

I'd like to carve out the following symbol in wood, using one 90degree bit and endmill (center of the page): Vilsiangus

Now, my plan is to carve the outlines of the letters and the surrounding circles using 90degree cone shaped bit - that part is easy. I can just cut out the bigger bull shape and use v-carve command on the rest of the image.

Then I can take the bull shape separately and use endmill to pocket carv that. The only problem is that using fine endmill (d 2mm) to get a satisfactory resolution on the edges of the bulls shape, would take hours (it's gonna be quite a large bull).

But I have got a wider end mill (d 10mm), so I could use that to remove most of the material with that and then use 2mm end mill to remove the rest of it.

Question is: how can I do that? Is there in the program some sort of command that I can use to exclude the part carved out by the bigger bit from the work piece, so I can then simply switch the bit, and carve out the rest?

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to do. English is not my native language, so...