JPG to 3d Model in Aspire

Thread: JPG to 3d Model in Aspire

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default JPG to 3d Model in Aspire

I'm sure this has been asked before but I have not found a suitable answer.

Is it possible to import a jpg and create a respectable 2.5D relief Model in Aspire? It seems I'm going to have trace the image in something like photoshop break it apart into seperate elements and then import the elements one at a time in aspire and then work on them and then join them together. It seems Aspire makes it very difficult and time consuming to edit out nonsense you don't want from its trace function.

I've been able to import a image and then create vectors in Aspire but there are several issues. Namely, the tracing function creates very jagged vectors even with line art and putting the corner fit slider on loose. How do I smooth out an outline?

Another issue I have is why does it create a copy when I move a vector. For instance, I create an ellipse and then select the move tool and move it. It creates a copy, why?

Perhaps it's my ignorance of the functions of Aspire giving me issues. If so can someone point me to a tutorial that addresses importing a image and then converting it to a 3d model in Aspire? I would even be happy to pay for it.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

you can select the vector and hit the n key to start node editing mode, you can smooth out portions and it has little handles, youll see
    but its not gonna give you perfect lines the way you want ever, you have to put in the work, trust me

the only thing i can think of for why it creates a copy when you move the ellipse is when you hold crtl and move, but if your not holding crtl key then i dont know about that one

CHOCLATE? THIS IS DOODOO BABY!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply....
    I figured I was hoping for too much...No biggie, just a lot more time involved than I was hoping for.

Photoshop has the ability to create a path by zooming into a image creating many small segments around an object until you eventually make a connection to where you started. This is how you can easily cut out something out of or separate a picture. Am I missing something or is there not the ability to create a vector the same way in Aspire? I see shapes and a polyline tool but nothing that resembles the feature I'm speaking of. Seems this would be a core tool you would use. I can do almost the same thing by distorting a shape but that seems a little silly in light of what Photoshop provides.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You might want to try asking on the Vectric Aspire web site. It can be done with Aspire with "create model from bitmap" routine. But it usually takes some work in Corel or Adobe prior.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Is it possible to import a jpg and create a respectable 2.5D relief Model in Aspire?
    If you mean with a simple button, click, then no. There is no software that will do that.

If so can someone point me to a tutorial that addresses importing a image and then converting it to a 3d model in Aspire? I would even be happy to pay for it.
    You already did.
    Aspire comes with a DVD full of tutorials that cover everything it can do. Since you spent the money on Aspire, I'd recommend spending the time watching all the tutorials and practicing the techniques they show.

The most common method of doing what you want is to draw vectors over your image, and then create shapes with the Shape tool and sweep tools.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, wasn't expecting a magic button. I was hoping to be able to avoid using a separate software like Photoshop. A lasso tool and a more robust tracing tool like in Photoshop would probably solve almost all of my problems. Anyway, thank you for your help. I know what I'm going to have to do now.

Downloads
    Uploads

With a little practice, doing everything in Aspire should be faster than your Photoshop technique.
    Hand drawing and editing vectors will almost always give better results than automated tracing methods, and shouldn't really take much if any longer.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)