RUIJIE CHINESE LASER

Article: RUIJIE CHINESE LASER

1. RUIJIE CHINESE LASER

5 Comments by joe slater Published on 07-31-2014 05:37 AM
    Need some help here - my laser does not move whilst engraving along the y axis - it works fine along the x axis but sticks and cuts a line on the x axis
    When cutting it works fine along both axis - the problem comes when I try and engrave.
    Ruijie, who sold me the laser, are unable or unwilling to help me, they were great when I bought the machine but their after sales service is non existant!!
    Could it be software?

Similar Articles:

2. Total Comments 5

Comments

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RUIJIE CHINESE LASER

I have a Rabbit cnc laser (Jinan) and had the same problem about 2 months after i bought it 8 years ago. They said it was the controller board and sent me a new one which I easily installed. That fixed the problem and it has worked fine since. When you test run the head, does it move in x and y axis? Other possibility is failed drive motor. Make a simple box pattern in software and run it. I have doubts it is software.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much for the input - when you say Controller Board - is this the Mother Board?
    When I do a Test the head moves as it should - the problem only comes when i engrave - then it is not always, normally first thing in the morning it is fine - for a while!
    It started with jumping a line and now has progressed to "sticking":

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the mother board. If it works when first turned on, but fails when it has been running a while, then it may have a faulty component which fails when heated up... I am 40 years since I worked at that level.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks danvanw - much appreciated.........................................

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi danvanw
    It now appears that the problem is the x and z axis drivers - whenever the system jams a red light comes on on the driver itself at the bottom.
    Was wondering if these are repairable as Ruijie here are quoting me very high prices - I think they know I am in a corner and can charge what they like!!
    Any comments?