Need Help! Artcam and chinas 6040

Thread: Artcam and chinas 6040

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Artcam and chinas 6040

Hello all, I am a extreme newbie to cnc anything, I bought a 4 axis 6040 machine from china, with the sxcnc control box that uses a parallel port. how do I set up artcam to send to my machine?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Artcam and chinas 6040

Do you have a Mach 3 or 4 Setup on your CNC computer that runs your CNC? Most of the time you need to use Artcam to out put a G code. Use Mach three to read the G code. All machines are different and you need to set up each project to your machine. I remember when i was in your position you need to do some research and start slow. It will come together. Lots of ways to do it. Start by looking at your sxcnc control box and youtube from there. Im familar with the G540 set up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mokra View Post
    Do you have a Mach 3 or 4 Setup on your CNC computer that runs your CNC? Most of the time you need to use Artcam to out put a G code. Use Mach three to read the G code. All machines are different and you need to set up each project to your machine. I remember when i was in your position you need to do some research and start slow. It will come together. Lots of ways to do it. Start by looking at your sxcnc control box and youtube from there. Im familar with the G540 set up.

I got everything working now, but I have a problem when cutting, like on the sprocket, it cut 1 perfect, and the other was way off. and on the names they are not aligned. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Artcam and chinas 6040-dsc01589-jpg   Artcam and chinas 6040-dsc01590-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah that one is no fun. Definitely losing steps. Do some research on these forums I believe I seen the same issues happen. That would be better than me trying to lead you wrong.