Need Help! X and y rotating at same time when x or y command given separately

Thread: X and y rotating at same time when x or y command given separately

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy X and y rotating at same time when x or y command given separately

I made a core xy Arduino Grbl plotter , before assembling both x and y stepppers worked properly and once when I tried x axis command both y and x stepper started moving in opp direction when I pressed the y command both x and y start ed moving in same direction.. I checked each and every connection multiple times. Stilll it persists and later I replaced each parts separately a4988 drivers , Arduino, CNC shield v3 ..... but nothing worked I even tried uninstalling and installing Arduino IDE flashed Grbl again but still this problem is still there I don’t know what t do. If any can help me that would be a great help .. thanks in advance !
    Here is my setup : a4988 drivers , Nema 17 4.2 kgcm ,CNC shield v3 , Arduino Nano ,Grbl 0.9i , power supply :19v 4a ,configuration : core xy (h bot )

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: X and y rotating at same time when x or y command given separately

I'm not sure if I understand. On a core XY machine you want both motors spinning at the same time for pure x or pure y moves. If the motors aren't spinning the correct direction, you can reverse them either in the Grbl settings, or by swapping one pair of motor wires around at the driver.

Also, it is not necessary to make 5 identical posts in different forums for the same issue. One is enough.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The first thing I would check in this situation is to make sure that the two axis are not tied together in the settings which would make one a slave of the other.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Things to check in the settings when this happens
    1. Make sure that both axis are do not have the exact same settings.
    2. Make sure that they are not paired together that is, Y set as a slave to X or X set as a slave to Y.

From this point, you are looking at a possible short where one or the other wires are crossed and therefore receiving a signal.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like your machine has 2 y motors to drive not just one. If this is the case just swap one of the y cables to with the x axis. If this solves the problem great. Put the cables back then swap the 2 Y axis cables Otherwise you have the cables connected wrong at the driver board. Re check those
    good luck
    Doc