Need Help! Arduino/Uno/Grbl

Thread: Arduino/Uno/Grbl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Arduino/Uno/Grbl

I have an E3 cnc from Bob's cnc. It was working pretty good for a newbie. Then I started a new project all went well, I

could get it to home and jog even reset home and return to home where I had reset. All of the functions worked until I hit

run then it did nothing just stayed in one spot. I tried some of the other gcodes that had i had ran successfully before

and none of them would run at that time. I just gave up until a few days ago. I tried again and nothing had changed so I

opened the firmware settings and turned off the soft limits ( changed from 1 to 0) when I tried running again everything

seemed to work I just had to be careful with my measurements. One other thing when I get an error I have got to close the

program down and start over. I have checked after an error message if I check the firmware settings it is blanck until I

start the program over.
    I sure could use some help if you have any ideas.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arduino/Uno/Grbl

Hi,

You didn't mentioned which g-code sender was used. Looks like grbl goes to alarm state for some reason, so all subsequent commands are halted, alarm state could be disabled with grbl's soft reset functionality, it should be somewhere in g-code sender UI. If problem really connected with soft limits it could be wrongly set working coordinates or misplaced work origin in cam software. I reccomend to try bCNC https://github.com/vlachoudis/bCNC , it has helpful visualation and if grbl goes to alarm state software could show info about cause, just click on red alarm button.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arduino/Uno/Grbl

Its the GCODE Sender. When you hit start on the G CODE sender is send multiple commands to GRBL versus the one command you have successes with now. GRBL needs to respond to those with a 'ok' some how the sender and grbl is getting mixed up and is causing the commands to not be sent. you need to try a different sender. If you have a RPI 1 you can use our sender at https://www.readymotioncontrol.com/2...dy-motions-ui/ or use UGS at https://winder.github.io/ugs_website/