GRBL freezes when I turn on limit switches

Thread: GRBL freezes when I turn on limit switches

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy GRBL freezes when I turn on limit switches

Hi!
    I have a problem with my GRBL driven Arduino Uno and the three TB6600 drivers, I use.
    I attached the connection with to this post.

So, when I used it only with the drivers, no limit switches, and no finished enable pin, it worked like charm, altough with v0.9j grbl, it froze pretty often, but that almost ceased when I updated to grbl v1.1f.
    When I tried to complete the enable pin with connecting all the enable (-ENA//-EN//) sockets to the Arduino's (D)8 pin, it didn't even boot up completely, it just froze.
    So I reverted back to not having an enable pin connected, like it is on the picture.

The problem
    Today I installed limit switches across the whole CNC router, the switches worked, for sure, I tested them with a multiemeter after the whole process on the end that goes to the Arduino board. (I tried all combinations of connecting them serial or parallel and reversing or leaving alone the limit pins (in the GRBL settings, around $15)).

My question is, what do you think might be my problem?
    Why does grbl boot frozen if I enable hard limits? Can it be in connection with it freezing when I was tríing with the enable cables?

A saw different connections with the TB6600. Should I try to change all the connections, so that the 2-7 pins of the board would go to the driver's (something+) sockets and the (something-) sockets would be all connected to the GND pin on the board?
    Or do you recommend something else?

I saw people splitting the +5V rail, like me, or the GND rail, like I asked about, both seems to be working(?).
    Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GRBL freezes when I turn on limit switches

When Grbl boots, one of the options is to have it start in a locked state. You have to either send a $X, unlock command, or home the machine using a $H command. Also, are you using NO or NC switches? You have to set Grbl so it knows which one. If using NC, you have to invert the limit pins.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 109jb View Post
    When Grbl boots, one of the options is to have it start in a locked state. You have to either send a $X, unlock command, or home the machine using a $H command. Also, are you using NO or NC switches? You have to set Grbl so it knows which one. If using NC, you have to invert the limit pins.

I tried both NC and NO switches with both enabled and disabled reversing, the rasults are all the same.
    There is an option in SourceRabbit to kill alarm, but it doesn't do much.

I didn't enable homing, I wouldn't like it to go around the whole workstation with the tool or the material in it and break everíthing. Yes, I might place the router bits and the workpiece in later, but that doesn't seem to be a good idea, since the stepper drivers are always enabled, because when I try to connect it, it freezes all over me.

I'll post the settings and try the homing command, but should I try to check the other type of wiring I asked about in the original post?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here are my settings.
    I tried splitting the GND pin instead of the +5V pin, but nothing's changed, only the directions are reversed.

The funny thing is, that it works perfectly with the switches, until I switch on the power supply for the drivers. I tested the limit switches, gave the commands, all worked, when the drivers were without power, but when I give them the 36V, grbl freezes, but only if the hard limits are enabled asd.jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I managed to get some results.
    BTW, the homing command instantly freezes it, even if the power supply is turned on or off.

My result is... interference...
    I disconnected everything what I connected yesterday to the limit switches and I only had the connector outputs on the outer side of the box of the electronics. I connected the enable pin, and it (the enable pin) works fine, looks like it needed the reversing of the +5V and GND splitting I mentioned above.
    So I made experiments with touching things to the output connectors, and even an insulated screwdriver triggered the alarm, which was only touched to the Limit Z, X or Y output. If I was touching the ground output, however, nothing happened.
    And more proof of interference is when I held my soldering iron (pistol like, bent copper wire, heavy metal stuff in it) and switched it on, the alarm was immediately triggered.

What should I do to avoid interference? Move the power supply further from the arduino or place a metal shield between them?