Need Help! upgrading grbl .8 to 1.1

Thread: upgrading grbl .8 to 1.1

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default upgrading grbl .8 to 1.1

When I first got my cnc shield, I loaded Grbl. and it was v.8. Then , I managed to get v.9 loaded. And again, when I heard about 1.1, I somehow got it loaded. I know I had 1.1 loaded, because I posted about it and I remember checking to see that grbl controller reported 1.1.
    I'm building a learning cnc plotter machine following the various 'Instructables", using cd-rom steppers. It is intended to help me learn how to convert pictures to Gcode for carving or engraving, and provide a simple, inexpensive platform for learning Grbl, and Gcode. I was having problems getting reliable movement, and changed multiple settings while admittedly not really knowing what I was doing. I decided to re-flash Grbl to reset it to default values and start again, after getting some help on the proper configuration. Now Grbl Controller reports Grbl is version .8! BTW, I have printed out the Grbl $ definitions, the Grbl configuration info, and the Grbl error codes.
    Can some one explain how this happened? How do I get back to 1.1?
    One issue I had that lead me to upgrade grbl, was when using the $$ command to list the settings, I only saw up to $22, all settings above that were not reported.

Chuck