Thread: Arduino Sherline Rotary Table controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arduino Sherline Rotary Table controller

Hello,

I would like to use it the last sketch. but i have error message:

Arduino: 1.8.0 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328"

lepteto_osztofej:87: error: missing terminating " character

lcd.setCursor(0,2);lcd.print("Enterees");lcd.setCu rsor(0,3);lcd.print("press

^

lepteto_osztofej:182: error: missing terminating " character

lcd.print("Repeatancel;

^

D:\lepteto_osztofej\lepteto_osztofej.ino: In function 'float GetNumber()':

lepteto_osztofej:88: error: expected ')' before ';' token

lcd.setCursor(8,1);

^

D:\lepteto_osztofej\lepteto_osztofej.ino: In function 'void loop()':

lepteto_osztofej:183: error: expected primary-expression before 'char'

char key = kpd.getKey();

^

lepteto_osztofej:184: error: 'key' was not declared in this scope

while(key != 'B')

^

exit status 1
    missing terminating " character

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Downloads
    Uploads

Old thread, but maybe someone can advise. I used the sketch from post #53. Mechanically, things appear to work, but, I have LCD issues (and I used the posted library files).

At boot, I only get the "R" of the welcome message, and I know it is the "R" from "Rotarye Control", as if I put an "X" in front of the "R" in the sketch, then I get an "X". I do NOT get the other following messages: CrankyTechGuy CNC nor Copyright 2014. It next displays just the "S" for "Select Op Mode" as shown in the Youtube video in post #52, but no DIV[A] or DEG[B].

I can however choose A or B on my keypad, and the display then shows the first letters of the next menu, an "E" on the top row and an "R" on the bottom, obviously reflecting the first letters from the word "Enter" and "Reset".

I am able to type in a division or degree based on the A/B choice and it correctly displays on line 3 like the video, and # to continue, but again, the LCD has a mind of its own, displaying only the first letter of P for Pos and next to it, 0.00. One row down, it displays the D of Dpm: and next to it, it skips the first digit I typed in as the division I entered one screen earlier. Using [A] or [B] DOES rotate my table.

So, it somewhat works, but the display is wacked. I tried another brand LCD and got the same results.

So, this looks simple, but I am not sure what it could be. Anyone ??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

datac, I think problem is lies in updated(?) LiquidCrystal_I2C library. I had similar problem with old code and newer i2c lcd-displays, but in my case they didn't show nothing at all, so I switched to Adafruit_LiquidCrystal with few changes to the code. Maybe this libraries are specific to i2c chips used in displays, I really don't remember how and why I've found Adafruit_LiquidCrystal library

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, thank you thank you..... That is along the lines of what I was thinking, that it has something to do with the library I used (which was the one the OP suggested). Like I said, it's clearly wired correctly and partially displaying things.

I'll spend some time with the Adafruit library and see what happens !

Thanks again for some direction on the matter !

Quote Originally Posted by kfmut View Post
    datac, I think problem is lies in updated(?) LiquidCrystal_I2C library. I had similar problem with old code and newer i2c lcd-displays, but in my case they didn't show nothing at all, so I switched to Adafruit_LiquidCrystal with few changes to the code. Maybe this libraries are specific to i2c chips used in displays, I really don't remember how and why I've found Adafruit_LiquidCrystal library

Chris L

Downloads
    Uploads

I messed with this on and off today. Got things working !

After researching google for "only the first character displays", I found a lot of people with the problem, and it indeed tied back into some bad code methods in MANY of the LiquidCrystal_IC2 libraries. After much time trying variations of downloaded versions and no luck, I found a post claiming things would work correctly if I deleted all of the garbage LiquidCrystal_IC2 libraries I previously tried, then just go into Arduino IDE > Sketch> Manage Libraries and install "LiquidCrystal_IC2 by Frank De Brabander".

THAT Worked !

In all the monkeying around, I did end up using the code provided over here though: Arduino control for a 3

Now with the Display issue solved, I can swing back and try the sketch from here and compare them.

Thanks !

Chris L

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone!
    I'm still new here.
    I really like this project!
    I have a question.
    Can I stop this program for Nema 34 - 12 Nm stepping motors?

Hello Shane. Thank you for your post. I have a question. I am using an HBS860H Hybrid Servo Drive, and have connected: Pul+ to 5V, Pul- to Pin 12, Dir + to 5V, Dir - to Pin 13. And when I press FWD[A] the stepper rotates CCW, if I press REV[B] the stepper doesn't rotate. Could you please help me to get the right connections? Thank you.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345