PDA

View Full Version : Started my 4X8 router

ninewgt
06-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Well I purchased a lot of my compoents... start building my machihne - a 4 X 8 router I designed with help from Chris at Data Cut
MAchine will cost a total of 8000 including software, and used computer.
Basic Specs :
4X8X10" cutting
Steel Frame
Machined Tooling plate rail surfaces
3/4" linear shaft rails X,Y axis
1/2" shafts Z axis
Rack drive on X
Rolled Screw on Y, Z axis
Gantry built from machined cast aluminium tooling plate
Ability Systems LPT indesxer, and GCode interpreter
Gecko Drives
Stepper motors

Ill have pics soon to post

TM

Zephrant
06-06-2003, 12:22 AM
Sounds great- Would you mind posting a cost breakdown? I'm up to about $5k on my system, and am wondering what I have missed. :)

Zeph

ninewgt
06-06-2003, 01:04 PM
Ill have a complete list of every component in word or excel format in a week or 2..... I am making the plans available through Data Cut, complete with materials lists, suppliers,supplier pricing (for refferance),CAD plans-DXF,DWG AUTOCAD, etc...... Chris wil have them soon... unless he decides differant.........

What is it you think you are lacking ???? Ill gladly help out.

keithorr
06-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Just came across their website this evening. What do you know about them. Do you have the parts yet? Documentation? I want six axis control for servo programmed via G code.

Zephrant
06-13-2003, 12:14 AM
Ninewgt- I'm not sure what I am missing, but am about $5k for the base machine, plus router, dust collection, computer, and software.

I'll post a cost breakdown when I solve my shaft issue and maybe you can point out what I have missed.

Did you purchase the drilled steel shaft for the rails?

Zeph

ninewgt
06-13-2003, 12:36 AM
Yes - I ordered the 3/4" rails (round) from Specialty motions for the X and Y axis.... 1/2" for the Z axis

ninewgt
06-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Should have my aluminium tooling plate Monday, and shafts (linear) next week, as well as steppers, geckos, rack,pinipon gears,pulleys.... lots of stuff so the serious building will commence next week. I will be posting pictures also.......I only have to order my srews for the Y and Z axis.......