PDA

View Full Version : No new machine yet!!!!

ECRC
10-31-2003, 11:47 PM
Well it's been almost 8 weeks since I ordered my router, and there is no shippment as of yet. It was to be shipped last thurs.
I normaly don't get amped up over this kind of thing, but it's long past the 3-4 week build time I was told when I ordered.

Any one else odered a machine recently?

Doug

P.S.
Please note this post is in no way meant to flame Liberty......yet!!

turkgeltz
11-01-2003, 07:19 AM
I'm waiting for mine also. It's supposed to be shipped next week also. I think the reason for the long wait is because they were in the process of moving to a bigger building. They must be making a good product to have so much in backlog. I'm itching to play with mine also.

ECRC
11-03-2003, 12:49 PM
I just got a call this morning from the owner. He said he was in a car crash?!?! My machine is to be shipped in the morning. I'll keep you posted.

Doug

turkgeltz
11-10-2003, 04:59 PM
I hope you got yours by now. I'm still waiting and having trouble finding out when it's coming. I expected mine also in 3 to 31/2 weeks. Almost 6 now!

cncadmin
11-10-2003, 06:39 PM
That's really not good.

ECRC
11-10-2003, 11:37 PM
Nope' not yet!! I was assured that it was shipped early tues. afternoon. We'll see what the rest of the week brings!??

Doug

turkgeltz
11-15-2003, 07:16 AM
Any luck on your router yet??? Mine was supposed to be shipped on monday.

ECRC
11-18-2003, 11:43 PM
It got here this moring. Quality seems to be good. Very stout machine. I'm just pulling my hair out trying to make the flashcut sig. gen. work with there power supply.

Doug

cncadmin
11-18-2003, 11:56 PM
Let's see some pics.

ECRC
11-19-2003, 12:18 AM
I have no clue how to or I would!!!!

ECRC
11-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by turkgeltz
I hope you got yours by now. I'm still waiting and having trouble finding out when it's coming. I expected mine also in 3 to 31/2 weeks. Almost 6 now!

Did you get your machine yet?

Doug

turkgeltz
11-20-2003, 04:36 PM
NO, still waiting for the camel express! I emailed them the other day for information to track it but haven't got any response yet. Thought I was taking vacation next week to play but it looks like not!!!

turkgeltz
11-20-2003, 04:38 PM
Got yours running right yet?

ECRC
11-20-2003, 04:57 PM
I'm having problems with the flash cut. I downloaded Mach 2, and it seems to work ok, but I have no clue how to set it up!!!!

Charles is going to help me with the flash cut problems.

Doug

BTW- I think Mr. Cooly just bit off more than he could chew with the machine orders. Been there done that(and still doing it!!!!). A one man show can get overwhelming if you don't pace yourself.

turkgeltz
11-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Yea, you can't argue with a lot of business! Must have a good product to be this busy in todays economy. I'm just getting itcy. I just saw on ebay a router setup I almost bought being auctioned and changed my mind and order this. I see the buyer just put it up for sale himself again, for whatever reason. I have a homemade router but figure this will be a lot quicker and accurate.

ECRC
11-20-2003, 05:30 PM
It is a very well built machine. I can't wait to get it running right(ether can my distributors!!!!(dark)). I'm going to mess around with the Mach 2 program until I get the fash cut working right.

Doug

turkgeltz
11-20-2003, 05:42 PM
What are you planning on cutting with it? My main use is going to be doing image carvings and doing of lot of intarsia cutting on it as well. I'll have more accurate fits. I just have to find a good raster to vector convertor that isn't too much of a pain to convert with 1000"s of little arcs and lines.

ECRC
11-20-2003, 05:48 PM
Mostly carbon fiber parts for rc helis, you can see alot of my products if you go to www.helihobby.com. I also build gas boats in the 48" to 72" range that run weedeater type motors that I build.

Doug

BTW- What model did you get, I got the small one?

turkgeltz
11-20-2003, 05:56 PM
Impressive!!! ONe of these days I'm going to try flying one of those copters. I heard they're really hard to learn , but It always interested me. I'll keep you in mind. Nice looking kits!!! I bought the 1618 model with the standard software that come with it, they're version, liberty software I guess. I didn't know you could order it with other types of controllers. I've been running my home one with turbocnc and it works well.

ECRC
11-20-2003, 06:13 PM
The owner of helihobby is a great guy, and very paitent!!!! He's the one that talked me into producing my parts. When I got into helis I was only building boat hulls and motors.
Flying helis isn't too hard, it's kinda like driving three cars at once. Not a hobbie to be used for stress relief!!

Mr. Cooly used to sell flash cut products up until last year. I also got the dos control that comes with the router. But, I'm not real comfortable outside the Bill Gates bubble!!

Doug

turkgeltz
11-20-2003, 06:31 PM
I"m used to dos , so it doesn't bother me and I think it lets the machine run quicker because windows constantly polls the printer port. But that's me. I never really tried any of the windows based software for running .

ECRC
11-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Mabey I'll give it a go on my other laptop. Any sugjestions, or tricks to dos?

Doug

tsalaf
11-20-2003, 10:21 PM
I've been using turbocnc on my homebuit router. The pulse stream is faster and dos doesn't crash. Turbocnc is easy to set up and learn for a beginner like me.
How are you going to hold down those small parts?

turkgeltz
11-21-2003, 06:03 AM
Tsalaf's right about turbocnc. It is easy to use. I don't know about the liberty software yet how it is. If you're using a laptop to run you programs that might be some of the trouble. I understand they can be problems because of the way the printer ports are. You might trya cheap desktop to use and see if it solves your problems.

ECRC
11-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the ideas, but I got the flash cut to work. Somtimes it helps to use the proper cable in the proper port!!!!

Asside from my mistake the machine is running great. I havn't cut anything as of yet, just doing dry runs with a pen hooked to the router.

Turkgeltz: Any news on your machine, I think Pitt Ohio delivers on Sat.!!!!

Doug

turkgeltz
11-22-2003, 12:59 PM
NOpe, no machine yet. I worked till 12 this morning but nothing yet. I put off my vacation till tuesday now hopeing it come in on monday. I'm having it shipped to work because I'm not home to sign for it. :) Except on vacation!!!! I don't know what truck line it's coming on. I called Charles and he was supposed to get me a tracking # but haven't heard anything from him yet. So I have to be content doing work around the house instead of playing!!!

ECRC
12-01-2003, 12:52 PM
turkgeltz,
Any news on your machine?

tsalaf,
Sorry I missed your ?, I will be useing double sided tape and cusome jigs for the small parts.

Doug

turkgeltz
12-01-2003, 03:41 PM
No machine yet! He's supposed to send another one out today UPS. I gues it became one of those fallen off the truck type of deals! It disappeared after it got to Kentucky and they couldn't find it. Charles supposed to give me tracking numbers after it ships today. Should (should) have it by the end of the week!

ECRC
12-01-2003, 06:46 PM
I don't like the sound of that!!! :bs:

Doug

turkgeltz
12-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Yea, I know. It's starting to feel like its all a fantasy. IT's been 2 months since I ordered. We'll see what this week brings! I hope yours is working well and all this is worth it!

balsaman
12-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Have you paid for it?

Eric

turkgeltz
12-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Only half down!

Arch
12-02-2003, 11:49 AM
Which Liberty are you guys buying from i've been talking to the guy in Tennessee and he tells me 2 weeks. I'm about to buy one myself. This is sort of scaring me.

turkgeltz
12-02-2003, 05:08 PM
LIbertycnc.com in Morrison, Tenn. I ordered mine The !st of October! He said he shipped another 1 out today and I'll have it friday or monday and he"d give me tracking numbers, which I'm still waiting for. We'll see. I think ECRC waited 6 weeks for his.

ECRC
12-02-2003, 11:18 PM
I wish it was 6 weeks!!!!! It was 13 weeks the day it got here. As far as it being worth it, well as soon as I can get sombody to help me set up flashcut properly all should be good. Seems like my motors are skipping alot?

Doug

turkgeltz
12-03-2003, 07:49 AM
Your problem may be that its the notebook that you're running it from. Either that or your running it at too high a speed and feed.

turkgeltz
12-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Still no router! Still no tracking numbers! I give it till tuesday! NO more BS. Boy am I sorry! The router from _ell!

ECRC
12-05-2003, 05:03 PM
I was on the phone every day until it arived!!! More than likely it was transfered to pitt ohio for final delivery. I would call there 800 # to find the terminal that is close to you. They should be able to tell you if you even have a shipment coming to you.

It's a shame it realy is a decent machine.
Just bad customer service.

Doug

turkgeltz
12-05-2003, 05:18 PM
Well this time it was (supposed to be sent) UPS and I'd have it by today or monday. UPS has tracking numbers which I can't seem to get out of them. It seems like I have to call from different phones to not get an answering machine. Before I ordered it I always seemed to get thru and answers to my questions.

Arch
12-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Everyone i've talked to about these machines absolutely love them, its too bad your getting such a run around. I talked to the guys at onecnc about getting my machine and they had nothing but wonderful things to say about it and Mr. Cooley. They thought it was one of the best machines out there for the money. Hope you get yours monday I can't wait to hear about it.

HomeCNC
12-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Arch,

What is your decision on getting one? Has turkgeltz's problems changed your mind?

Arch
12-05-2003, 07:32 PM
I've looked around for quite some time and keep coming back only because i've talked to quite a few people who think they are fantastic, very accurate and dependable. i am a guitarmaker and will be using it for parts and inlays mostly. I'm concerned about terks problems I hope mine doesn't turn out that way. The good thing is that i live close enough to liberty to be able to go over and pick mine up. So maybe he'll be a little quicker with mine.

ECRC
12-05-2003, 08:44 PM
From what I can gather from talking to Charles, he is just very backed up. Still no excuse for the run around!

If your that close, it may not be too bad. I too kept going back to the liberty machine. The next closesed one was almost $5200+shipping. And I don't trust plastic for as much as it will be running.

Doug

turkgeltz
12-05-2003, 09:03 PM
He told me he had some on stock when I taoked to him last week, so we'll see what happens. Did you figure out your problem on missing steps?

ECRC
12-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Not yet, but I have been playing with the speeds to no avail. Ramping seems to do nothing. It's more than likely just a matter of playing with the other settings(I hope!!). Charles was suposed to have his electronics guy give me a call, but I havn't heard from him yet.

Doug

turkgeltz
12-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Have you thought of trying from a regular computer port instead of the notebooks? Sometime those ports don't put out enough signal to run the machines run. At least that's what I've heard.

ECRC
12-05-2003, 10:08 PM
I'm hoping to exhaust all options before trying that, as it would be a major pain in the butt to lug the desktop to the shop. Mach 2 seemed to run alot better, for the very short time I played with it. If I can't get it working properly then up for sale goes the flash cut, and hello Mach2.

It's a very good thing I don't get frustrated easy!!!(chair)

Doug

BTW- When I was still waiting for my machine, I was very close to making a road trip to TN. I'd be more then happy to give you a lift, I bet we'd make great time in the vette!!!LOL

( Just trying to keep you lighter side of things!!!)

turkgeltz
12-05-2003, 10:17 PM
I almost went down myself to pick it up till I figured out it'd be a 10 hr. drive each way. Then he said he'd ups it in 3-4 days and I decided to wait again. I have a couple of projects I need to finish with it before christmas and now time is stretching thin, which is why my frustration level is starting to rise. I'm running a homemade right now with turbocnc, but at 10ipm cutting images in wood takes forever. NOt to mention working out the bugs to get it right. I cut with a dremel tool now. Is the trim router very loud and have you put a speed control on the router to prevent any wood burning?

ECRC
12-05-2003, 11:12 PM
I built an enclosure to keep the noise down. It can be a little loud when nothing else is running. I did put a speed control on it and it works great!!!

Doug

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Still no machine yet! No response to e-mails. Nothing but answering machines and no returned calls to that. Supposed to be shipped last tuesday. UPS says I should of had it ground on thursday by their calculations. Can't get any tracking numbers! Can't get a human voice. A heck of a way to run a business! I may have to drive down to get one.

ECRC
12-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Man, I really feel bad for you!!! That just sux!!!! There is no way that it could get lost 2 times with 2 carriers. Can you say :bs: . If you payed buy CC you should be able to have the CC company do a charge back.

Doug

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Yea, I'm thinking about that! I'm also thinking about my attorney! I'm soo Po'd. I have things to do with it before the holidays. There's a nice 1 on ebay for sale ending soon today but???????????? For all I know if I drive down there they'll be closed or not have one ready when I get there!
And they wonder why people go over the edge! Alittle bit of honesty never hurt anyone!

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 05:53 PM
If it wasn't for seeing pictures of them and you getting yours and hearing others talk about them, I would wonder if they really exist! It seems like a fantasy machine to me!

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Do you really exist???? Maybe I need a shrink!!!::)

ECRC
12-08-2003, 05:59 PM
I think you deserve a stiff drink!!!:D On second thought at this point it may be a requierment!!!

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 06:03 PM
I think I'm just going to do that after I get some food in my stomach to soak up the stomach acid!!!

balsaman
12-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Send them an email and point them to this thread. They may not reply but I an sure they will notice.

Eric

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 06:31 PM
You might have a good idea there. If nothing breaks tomorrow I think I will. Thanks.

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 06:36 PM
This thread is like an ongoing soap opera! :)

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Right now I'm carving images in wood on an homemade one at 10ipm. It's like watching paint dry, only paint dries faster!

drj
12-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to say that I have a liberty machine that I bought a while ago and I live about 20 miles from charles. I don't know why you haven't recieved your machine yet, but I do know that charles always has alot going on and my machine took a little longer than I thought it would too. But in the end when you get it I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the machine.
Don't stress on it you'll get your machine. Charles is a stand up guy, I trust him totally. He would'nt screw anyone. Sometimes things just take a little longer than they should. I just wanted to chime in because I could tell you were upset and I wanted to let you know that he is a great guy with a humongous workload(not just cnc's) and in the end I think you'll be very happy.

Thanks
Doug

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 06:47 PM
That's what I keep hearing and that's what he seems like when you talk to him! But 10 weeks is a long time! And when you send email and email and call and leave messages and this is supposed to be the 2nd 1 sent and you still get no reply..........
You understand my frustration!!!

drj
12-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Yeah I understand totally. I just wanted to offer something to you cause I could tell you are upset and understandably so. I don't know what else to say. I wish I could tell you what the problem is. Good luck.

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Thanks, hopefully tomorrow I'll get somewhere!

drj
12-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Hang in there, I can't see him not coming through for you.

snokid
12-08-2003, 07:20 PM
I can't see why you would even still want the machine.

If I was getting the run around like you are a wouldn't take delivery if it came tomorrow.

I would also spread the word about how you got screwed to as many people as I could, which is what is going on here.

Bob

ECRC
12-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by turkgeltz
This thread is like an ongoing soap opera! :)

I was hopeing to find out why I was starting to see bubbles coming out of the monitor!!! :D

Doug

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 07:42 PM
I guess there's many reasons you hear it said "welcome to cnc hell"!! You get your machine running right yet? I want pictures!!!

ECRC
12-08-2003, 07:53 PM
I've alsmost got it......I think!!! There are a few bugs left. I think I need to use better lube on the ball screws. I think my x screw is hanging up a bit.

I have no idea how to post pics, or I would. If you know how I'll try to get a few up. And I'll even start a new thread!!LOL

Doug

balsaman
12-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Yeah, start a new thread. When replying, use the "post reply" button (not the quick reply box), then do your post, by "attach file", select "browse" go fish for the picture on your hard drive, then click "submit reply", don't preview it first.

Eric

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Actually from what I see, If you look at photo gallery at the top and click, at the top right is upload photos , then hit browse to find yours. I think.

balsaman
12-08-2003, 08:14 PM
That will add your picture to your gallery (also fun!), not in the thread.

Eric

turkgeltz
12-08-2003, 08:14 PM
Yea, new thread. I think we hit the end of the spool on this one!: