PDA

View Full Version : vacumn table

agilityrun
10-01-2003, 05:14 PM
Anyone here have some good easy plans or ideas or can tell me where to look to make a vacumn table up or a dust shroud for a porta cable router? Your input would be much appreciated.

ninewgt
10-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Look on the ShopBot website's users forum and do a search under vac tables.... There were quite a few long threads about vac tables and ideas about them not too long ago. I am still working on some vac table ideas of my own that I am hoping to soon add to my machine.....

balsaman
10-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Make a shallow box from MDF, drill a bunch holes(or get you cnc to do it), attach a wet vac. bolt/clamp to table. If it's a large area, put some supports in there to keep it from imploding.

Eric

HomeCNC
10-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Try this place to get some Vacuum tape and then you only need to drill one hole. You will also get much more hold down force because of the larger surface area in the vacuum.

http://www.allstaradhesives.com/

Jennifer
10-02-2003, 12:20 PM
I'm not sure if you're looking for a vacuum table for hold down or dust collection...if it's for dust collection I've found quite a few sites that have tables that you can put together from kits by doing a search for "downdraft tables".

bilyjimbob
10-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Hi everybody.
I was looking at a bunch of circular peices leftover from a job and had an idea . machine 3 round groves into top of one piece{ to hold 1/8 o-rings } drill hole in center, machine groves in bottom piece to connect the three holes plus one exit hole. glue or weld or epoxy together. connect small hose to these pucks then just screw to table wherever you need them.

I'll try to post some pics when done

Carver
11-16-2003, 02:28 PM
These are commercially available out of aluminum and they work great. I can't remember the manufacturer but I had some of them for years I used as hold downs for carving large panels on an easel type bench. They dont have to be round, just any shape that serves your purpose will work fine. You do want to seal the surfaces and edges of the material if you choose mdf to prevent any vacuum bleed. We buy the o-ring material in bulk and "roll our own"

Good luck,

Phill Pittman
www.masterwerkes.com
digicarve@verizon.net

turkgeltz
11-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Try www.eagle-america.com

they have vac systems reasonably priced and kits for building one also. Under mach vac system.