Need Help! Alphacam Ultimate for Stone

Thread: Alphacam Ultimate for Stone

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Alphacam Ultimate for Stone

I'm reaching out to see if anyone can point me in the right direction for Alphacam training. I would also like to hire someone to remote in and help us with creating tool paths and generating G code.
    We are in the stone fabrication business ( not countertops ) we focus on intricut projects, like fabricating solid columns, capitols, solid bathtubs etc...
    i would really appreciate any feedback.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Alphacam Ultimate for Stone

Is this about making toolpaths out of CAD models you have successfully created, or are you having trouble using the modeler? Have you tried all the options on the AlphaCAM site and found them wanting? Training

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Have you tried the Alphacam web site?
    Alphacam | Contact

Eleven Water Ridge Plaza
    2801 Yorkmont Road
    Suite 230
    Charlotte, NC 28208

Toll Free : (800) 461-2015
    Tel: (704) 393-5551

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

All of my cnc machine operators have taken the Introductory to Alphacam, I have taken the class myself also. Were needing help making toolpaths from CAD models, we do not need help creating the CAD models. we have Alphacam Ultimate Stone, our cnc machine is 6 axis with a lathe capable of handling 8,000 lbs.
    I have spent a ton of money buying the software, training & call in support training with Alphacam. My goal would be to find someone that could help train specifically Alphacam CAM processes. I have searched all over Vero's site and they dont have much that goes into much detail, seems like their videos are about the latest releases.
    Im at a complete loss that Alphacam doesn't have any sort of training manual or training portal when we spent over $ 17,000 for one license. The best training we have had so far is when we have paid to have a trainer come from the cnc machine manufacturer GMM, the bummer is they are in Italy, so it gets really expensive for their training.
    I did see one of the members here in CNC Zone ( cadcamlessons.com ) has allot of great videos. I have tried getting in contact without no luck.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would GREATLY appreciate it !! My email is scott@carsonstonesupply.com

The best way to move forwards after you have had basic training in the software is to ask specific questions about specific problems you are trying to overcome and soon all will be clear. There are various places you can ask these questions. This forum obviously being one of them, there is also a user forum you will have access to on your Alphacam Support Portal and the best way to get quick critical support is to contact Alphacam support directly. I'm guessing you are paying for support as you are new customer, so you should have access to all the direct support you need, this support includes logging on to your PC and helping you out, like you describe. Learning Alphacam or any CAM software is a very large and varied subject so it's best to stream line the process and ask specific questions rather than reading largely irrelevant manuals etc. For example if you give us the CAD model and describe what you are trying to achieve we could tell you how to do it....

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm guessing you are paying for support as you are new customer, so you should have access to all the direct support you need,
    Support and training are two different things.

You're best bet would be to bring in a good trainer, and have him go through the steps to do what you want, using YOUR CAD models. Make a thorough list of what you want to learn before he get's there. Training is a small price to pay when a machine and expensive software sit idle.

Are you sure your operators are capable of learning the software? Some people are just not cut out for CAD/CAM work.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Support and training are two different things.

You're best bet would be to bring in a good trainer, and have him go through the steps to do what you want, using YOUR CAD models. Make a thorough list of what you want to learn before he get's there. Training is a small price to pay when a machine and expensive software sit idle.
    Support and training are most definitely two different things. If someone has already paid for training (like CarsonStone has), support engineers will go out of their way to help solve problems and support the training that has been delivered. It's unreasonable to expect a customer to do a course and then go back to their factory and not have any real world problems that need solving. It's also important to know how to use the wealth of expertise you are paying for.
    If the situation becomes critical and it is clear some more specific help is needed then you can pay for an applications engineer to come on site but contact support and they will help you make this call. No point in paying for something you don't need.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

First of all I do appreciate your feedback.. Regarding new customer support from Alphacam doesn't really exist/apply to troubleshooting questions. We called in last year to get some help on programming a 5 axis model and Alphacam would not help. Alphacam stated that the custome support is for technical issues with Alphacam software, more or less glitches. They did help us though on this occasion.
    I paid an additional $ 2500 for 1 year of call in training/programming support. Alphacam only has one team member that knows 5axis stone work, he is really good at what he does but there is only one of him so it can be challenging at times.
    We have paid for onsite training, I have spent over $ 10,000 in a year for two separate training sessions.
    I created this post in search to hire someone to provide continuing training for my team. Im not trying to start a debate or argument, only looking for legitimate help.

Hi Carstone,

If you are not far off from where you need to be you might just need to know how to exploit what you have at your disposal better. For example, if you contact support with a CAD model and say can you show how to do this from scratch they will say that you need training but if you contact them with a specific problem where it is clear you have had a go yourself they are likely to be more helpful ie - "I've put this tool path on but it doesn't do exactly what I want, can you show me where I'm going wrong?". And this is pretty much the way it works on forums also. Ask a lot of specific questions and learn.
    You still might get referred back to training again and again if support feel that it is going beyond the realms of a support case. So this goes back to what Ger21 suggested. You might need to look into employing someone with CAM experience that can come in to your company and hit the ground running. You could spend $$$ on training and still end up with less than the best results if no one has the aptitude for it.

Last edited by headscraper; 11-14-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

what type of training do you need,,have you completed the IAT <----- 3 days of fun ; ) ,,,let me know if you need anything,

number000073@gmail.com