Toolholder displaying as 5 feet wide

Thread: Toolholder displaying as 5 feet wide

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Toolholder displaying as 5 feet wide

Hello all. Small problem here, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm using AlphaCam Essential 2016 R2. When I use the simulator and show the toolholder, the toolholder is absolutely huge...looks to be about 5' in diameter. This is really just an annoyance, as it has no bearing on the operation of the machine, but I would like to know if there is a system parameter somewhere that I am missing. I set it as an HSK63F with 462E collet from the programs' library. Has anybody else had an issue with this, or know of a parameter or system setting I should check? Thanks much for the help!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Toolholder displaying as 5 feet wide

The most likely reason is that you have selected a Metric size Tool for machining an Imperial (Inch) workpiece.
    I believe in AlphaCam that 10.0 can be either 10mm or 10 inches, so if your programming in metric you might select a 4mm Dia Tool or in Imperial the equivalent is a 0.158" Dia Tool.
    Therefore the Metric HSK63 would be 63 Inches in Dia.
    There should be seperate folders for Metric and Inch Tools to select from in the Tools Library.

Regards.