Alphacam importing clip-art, the right way

Thread: Alphacam importing clip-art, the right way

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Alphacam importing clip-art, the right way

Hello, I'm rather new around here as you can tell ...

I've been following these forums for a while now tho and it helped me a lot in multiple cases but now I need help with something.

Im somewhat new to the CNC world, been working on a Paolino Bacci Master.TGV machining center with 6 interpolated axes for almost 2 years now. I've done pretty well for the most part and I'm learning something new everyday but I've hit a wall now ... I've spent weeks trying to find a solution to this problem.

A few months ago I started to utilize Alphacam Ultimate Router 2013 R1 SP2 and its an amazing piece of software, however, I often have some specific request from our clients. More often than not, it involves drawing/machining of a specific shape on a piece of wood.

For this example, I will utilize the following clip art : http://images.clipartpanda.com/coffe...fee-cup-md.png
    It looks ok in its current form but in order to import it into Alphacam I need to convert it to another format, DXF for instance.

I've tried with several free converting tools and while they do their job, whenever I import the converted files in Alphacam, it usually ends up looking like this : http://i.imgur.com/mBA1pcR.jpg

Now, thats obviously not good ... I've been trying to figure this one out for a while now with no success. I usually end up just drawing the shape myself but that takes a lot of time.
    I remember seeing someone importing images/shapes/whatever without a problem using Alphacam which means Im doing something wrong ...

Drawing by hand is ok for simpler shapes but when something more complex is requested I just refuse to do it.

Any help on the matter would be great.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alphacam importing clip-art, the right way-coffee-clipart-coffee-cup-md-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Alphacam importing clip-art, the right way

Hello,

you can use (if u have it) Alphacam art (aspire for Alphacam) and by this you can convert bitmap to vector and then convert to Alphacam, or Alphacam have also great function which name is Raster to vector. You have to create correct setting (or select setting which is predifine in Alphacam) and let Alphacam convert you bitmaps to geometry. Alphacam importing clip-art, the right way-r2v-jpg Alphacam importing clip-art, the right way-aspire_convert-jpg

Postprocessors, VBA macros, .NET programming.
    www.ccsoftcz.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Alphacam importing clip-art, the right way

Hey, thanks a bunch!

I did not even know about aspire for alphacam, we will look into it and see if we can acquire that piece of software. I suspect it will be a considerable financial investment ...

As for Raster to Vector function, I messed around with it yesterday and now I'm wondering how did I miss this little feature. I managed to "import" some shapes (mostly simple stuff for now) with some degree of success. I'm sure if I fiddle some more with the settings I can obtain better results.

Thank you again for your help!