letters destroyed by Alphacam - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: letters destroyed by Alphacam

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: letters destroyed by Alphacam

well, postprocessor can be modified so it will write only one digit precision in mm mode.. in inches mode the 2 digit 0.25 and 3 digit precision is 0.025 mm
    so I think the solution is somewhere using mm output, and using the G20-21 codes to shifting between inch--mm

I really hope he comes up with how he solved, so next readers can learn of..

the most possible happened, there were arcs, and they were so small, that controller evaluated as not an arc 3 deg length, but 357 degree..
    it just an example ..

then you see large arc..

because on his photo arcs or circles visible originating from the profilepath.. and returning there..

the few scm router I saw long time ago, they were very fast.. so I guessing it is the trade off between fast and ""accurate"" ...
    when I say accurate I mean machine might cant perform a 0.1 mm dia circle..

what actually wouldn't be practical for a wood router.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes - it's common knowledge with the digits - but You can also do a lot Yourself, if You smooth the Geometry
    - if You send the Drawing, I will show You how to - it's quite easy. (and then You can test it also)

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    well, postprocessor can be modified so it will write only one digit precision in mm mode.. in inches mode the 2 digit 0.25 and 3 digit precision is 0.025 mm
    so I think the solution is somewhere using mm output, and using the G20-21 codes to shifting between inch--mm

I really hope he comes up with how he solved, so next readers can learn of..

the most possible happened, there were arcs, and they were so small, that controller evaluated as not an arc 3 deg length, but 357 degree..
    it just an example ..

then you see large arc..

because on his photo arcs or circles visible originating from the profilepath.. and returning there..

the few scm router I saw long time ago, they were very fast.. so I guessing it is the trade off between fast and ""accurate"" ...
    when I say accurate I mean machine might cant perform a 0.1 mm dia circle..

what actually wouldn't be practical for a wood router.

Downloads
    Uploads

camnerd

I posted the file, just need to download..

117 b eps zip
    117 b xxl zip
    117 b pgm zip

roll upward your window.. and youll see it

if you know something unique please show it folks..
    this is the purpose of this forum..

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I want the AlphaCAM file - not the output for CNC or eps. for converting

Downloads
    Uploads

camnerd

as I pointed out earlier I don't have alphacam and not looking possible I take any serious effort to buy any license of..

the bottom line is, scm is a leader manufacturer..
    around 97 I saw a window - door making center from them.. also saw routers from them.. my friends has them..

for scm router, you need its machine code the pgm file,
    but, since its a proprietary format, scm let you convert forth and back standard G code with winxiso what is a little converter.. the xilog makes the settings for your machine..

and from here, doesn't matter what camprogram you use,...

what alphacam charge folks its just simply unbelievable

if you looking for the chart, for them pound - dollar conversion is very unique

the 10800 - 9600 -8000 pound equally converted to 15000

for this money I would expect I don't have to buy another cad-cam it is very unlikely among cad-cam programs.. the original poster probably spent already 4-5000 dollar, and still he has issues with simple conversion from ttf to beziers.. what actually free programs doing better..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails letters destroyed by Alphacam-alphacam-prices-jpg   letters destroyed by Alphacam-alphacam-prices2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok - this Is just You opinion - but if it doesn't matter which cam You use, then You haven't had some troublesome parts, to machine.. ;-)

If everything was better with free programs, why do people buy software? Why don't they just try a free/very cheap (how can You expect help, for nothing)?
    but a good camprogram, is not better, that the postprocessor (and the service) - that's the true story.. I hope, that Joooe has got a solution - and I would give some advice for Alphacam, if he need it..

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    camnerd

as I pointed out earlier I don't have alphacam and not looking possible I take any serious effort to buy any license of..

the bottom line is, scm is a leader manufacturer..
    around 97 I saw a window - door making center from them.. also saw routers from them.. my friends has them..

for scm router, you need its machine code the pgm file,
    but, since its a proprietary format, scm let you convert forth and back standard G code with winxiso what is a little converter.. the xilog makes the settings for your machine..

and from here, doesn't matter what camprogram you use,...

what alphacam charge folks its just simply unbelievable

if you looking for the chart, for them pound - dollar conversion is very unique

the 10800 - 9600 -8000 pound equally converted to 15000

for this money I would expect I don't have to buy another cad-cam it is very unlikely among cad-cam programs.. the original poster probably spent already 4-5000 dollar, and still he has issues with simple conversion from ttf to beziers.. what actually free programs doing better..

Downloads
    Uploads

you just getaway from subject..

if one pays today 2500 dollar for a cam, I think he shouldn't ending up here, why he cant convert 5 letters to gcode..
    he might don't need import from another cam vectors..
    he might get direct help from alphacam..

that is how any delcam program works.. you have issue, you call in delcam and they answer you.. in 5 min... no matter you purchased a $150 express or the most costly cam...

how much a program worth? well... you can write a notepad like windows has and you can sell it for 3000 dollar..
    why not? folks who hasn't cklue they going to pay for.. its a free world...

reason I suggested artcam, because delcam didn't started yesterday... vectric folks also worked for delcam and they learnt it..

but it don't change nothing on delcam,,, still they have better folks left..
    at this moment any delcam program will work better than struggling with 5 letter... ... no matter you call it free or cheap...

by the way, still you didn't show him the settings,,, tough you already asked for some files.. you can create 5 letters... with any font...

Downloads
    Uploads

don't take me wrong, but I think you just too young..

when I started with autocad, in around 90's there weren't cad-cam like today..
    generally beyond autocad a few unix app was available ..

camprograms... like today, they weren't exist.. manufacturers solved with their machines.. like fanuc.. that's why the ""standard"" g-codes also known as fanuc codes..

there are very few company coming from that era.

as you concerned about free programs..

let me give you some examples..

stl files

long time about 3 program was available each well over 1000...

materialise,
    netfab
    and an older program... these programs could make Booleans even with stl files, other cadprograms not..

first netfab throw their free basic, then autodesk came up with meshmixer.. by Ryan Smidt
    you don't have to trust me,,, but at this point meshmixer does same than the programs over 1000 dollar..

another...
    around 90's an israelien company and delcam started with engraving programs..
    today, on cnczone Scorch makes same good program for v-bits.. free... the F-engrave

autodesk acquired delcam, and the result is fusion 360 ... a working cad-cam free..
    even they implemented the t-splines into what they just purchased before..

it is not """my expectation"" it is as it works today..

I paying with my time to knowing these and apply to my work..

you open your wallet and you pay your money.. as much as they want to ask..

it is your decision, to keeping out, and buying ready apps, instead to learn and understand..

Downloads
    Uploads

I used alphacam every day for 3 years. For what it does it it actually a exceptional program. I never had any issues like this with the program and was doing 30-40 programs every day. From my autocad background it was no problem to use the drawing portion of alphacam within a few days. To each his own of course. The cam side was setup very similar to mastercam and in some ways was a easier workflow. Once setup correctly you can program in a high efficiency environment. I still believe his issue is simply a pp problem and has no bearing on the usefulness or quality of the software. I have had crazy stuff happen in mastercam and bobcad also but once setup correctly all was well.

Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12